Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Hello all,
    My wife and I are looking for a 53’ MY, 1978 or newer, preferably newer, and maybe close to Florida. Centerline master. Does anyone know of a nicely equipped boat that might not be on YachtWorld or the internet.
    We’re closing on our house soon, as in ‘real’ soon, and we’re having trouble finding something nice.
    (Viewed one last Sat that was a total and complete lie)
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Finnley; 05-13-2021 at 11:50 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    You may want to have a look at some of the 54 MY.
    Just more of the same as far as configuration goes.
    Low 200's asking,... worth a look.

  3. #3

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Have to agree on the 54's. We bought Pau Hana last August in Stuart, and until a broker I knew called me, I didn't even know the 54's were a thing. We were looking at a 53' in Bradenton and found out during the survey the current owner was not only lying thru his teeth, the boat had liens from the marina and various service companies in the area. If you're near Ft Myers I could show you our boat. PM me if you're interested. Hope all this info helps.

    This one is in Palm Beach
    1986 Hatteras Motor Yacht Motor Yacht for sale - YachtWorld

    This one is in Charleston SC
    1987 Hatteras 54 Motor Yacht Motor Yacht for sale - YachtWorld



    Last edited by rwaldrop13; 05-14-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

    Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

  4. #4

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    There are a few interesting ones on Craigslist. Search from Tampa to South FL. Might be turds on Craigslist or might be really nice. I knew of a guy with a super nice extended (cockpit) MY that I saw on Craigslist. Check them out. Just search "Hatteras" only and sift through the ads. Easy to find.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

  5. #5

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Finnley View Post
    Hello all,
    My wife and I are looking for a 53’ MY, 1978 or newer, preferably newer, and maybe close to Florida. Centerline master. Does anyone know of a nicely equipped boat that might not be on YachtWorld or the internet.
    We’re closing on our house soon, as in ‘real’ soon, and we’re having trouble finding something nice.
    (Viewed one last Sat that was a total and complete lie)
    Thanks for any help.
    Only a 1971 down this-a-way.

    https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl...318983728.html

  6. #6

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    If those pictures are accurate, she's gorgeous. I especially like the way the washer/dryer stack was upgraded to new-generation compact machines but the enclosure removed for easier access.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

    Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

  7. #7

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    Have to agree on the 54's. We bought Pau Hana last August in Stuart, and until a broker I knew called me, I didn't even know the 54's were a thing. We were looking at a 53' in Bradenton and found out during the survey the current owner was not only lying thru his teeth, the boat had liens from the marina and various service companies in the area. If you're near Ft Myers I could show you our boat. PM me if you're interested. Hope all this info helps.

    This one is in Palm Beach
    1986 Hatteras Motor Yacht Motor Yacht for sale - YachtWorld

    This one is in Charleston SC
    1987 Hatteras 54 Motor Yacht Motor Yacht for sale - YachtWorld



    " A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor" amazing senior following you!!

  8. #8

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    If those pictures are accurate, she's gorgeous. I especially like the way the washer/dryer stack was upgraded to new-generation compact machines but the enclosure removed for easier access.
    Yeah, somebody knows how to decorate a boat. I'm looking forward to having every mechanical thing on my 52 in great shape....so I can turn to aesthetics.
    That teak and holly cabinet in the head was pretty cool, and easy to do with a veneer or vinyl.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

  9. #9

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    A good friend mentioned just yesterday selling his 1985 53' extended deck. It's not listed anywhere and located in NC. I don't have any interest in the deal, if your interested send a PM and we will connect you two. My wife and I have stayed on the boat and it's nice
    1984 Hurley 36 Express

  10. #10

    Re: Help? Need a 53’ fast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    A good friend mentioned just yesterday selling his 1985 53' extended deck. It's not listed anywhere and located in NC. I don't have any interest in the deal, if your interested send a PM and we will connect you two. My wife and I have stayed on the boat and it's nice
    Wish that had happened a year ago. We were living outside Raleigh NC, looked at a 53 in Wilmington that is probably on it's 3rd or 4th broker if it's still listed. Can't remember the name but it was at Port City Marina when we looked at it. It was in OK shape, but very dated.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

    Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts