Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Battery parallel switch....

Riddle me this one Batman.....

From the parallel relay there are two welding cables on the secondary circuit, one to each battery switch, and two primary wires.

All I can think is that it's an open/closed relay connecting the two supplies from the battery. (I haven't taken the battery switches off yet as the housings are delicate and already show some limited breakage in the mounting feet.)

WHY are there three wires on the momentary three position switch at the helm? IE Port AND Starboard in addition to off. What's the difference?

Thanks.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Battery parallel switch....

you need power to make the solenoid work, if one bank is dead it wont activate the solenoid from that side position you will have to move the switch to the other side that has power to activate the solenoid
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: Battery parallel switch....

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    you need power to make the solenoid work, if one bank is dead it wont activate the solenoid from that side position you will have to move the switch to the other side that has power to activate the solenoid
    THAT makes sense. Thank you.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay