Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Check out this Super rare 1965 50 Cockpit MY

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1965...yacht-7870950/

Unbelievable find. I just wonder how many of these where made, and how many are still running? Says over 1mm spent on this boat, I just wonder how good it looks in person?

Re: Check out this Super rare 1965 50 Cockpit MY

I m amazed at how some Brokers see to think someone is gojng to travel to look at a boat without posting any pictures of the engine room, etc. no mention of air cons etc. sure it has a nice new electrical panel but what about the wiring? Not sure how you spend $1M and don’t upgrade the air con or don’t even bother upgrading the flybridge helm from that outdated little pod and side bench.

$50k. And thats generous. Sure it s rare but I ve never found the small CMY/YF to be good looking boats.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

3. Re: Check out this Super rare 1965 50 Cockpit MY

“Too many upgrades to mention”. Dude, it’s literally your job to mention them, AND to take extensive photos!! Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I m amazed at how some Brokers see to think someone is gojng to travel to look at a boat without posting any pictures of the engine room
    Same people buy a car without looking under the hood. You just turn the key and go right?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

That might be the ugliest Hatteras I've ever scene. I know our 50c isn't nearly as good looking as the 53c, but what were they thinking or has this boat just been butchered with bad add-ons and or deletions?
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I think you could probably make this a lot better looking than it is now--a stripe below the rubrail and a boot stripe would bring down apparent height of the hull. It would also benefit from having the enclosure panels for below the rails on the aft deck (can't think of the name of them)

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That original pic looks much better!

You know what they say.. maybe it has a great personality.

Generally the photos NOT posted are of the things that they are afraid will kill a sale. Not that they are in much danger of selling this boat from this listing. This boat needs all the help she can get.

The man had a vision I guess. I bet that's one top heavy sob.