Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 32V Alternator Issues

Had similar no-charge from 32v alternator on port engine. This was a Delco unit which was built like a tank and I was dreading having to find a replacement.

I ordered a new voltage regulator online for $32 and I'm a happy camper again. Took only a few minutes to install the VR (once the alternator was off the engine).

If you have a Delco and need the place I ordered the VR, just let me know and I'll locate that info for you.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Had similar no-charge from 32v alternator on port engine. This was a Delco unit which was built like a tank and I was dreading having to find a replacement.I ordered a new voltage regulator online for $32 and I'm a happy camper again. Took only a few minutes to install the VR (once the alternator was off the engine).If you have a Delco and need the place I ordered the VR, just let me know and I'll locate that info for you.
    That’d be great if it’s no trouble. Everything else has checked out, so I’ve ordered an alternator off EBay. Still, a regulator might save me a rebuild.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Constantly shopping for a 32v, 30SI has paid off for us. Always a spare and a dust collector till it's needed, then shop for another spare again.
    e-bay has worked well for us on this.
    Sadly, 50MT starters are another story.

Issue put to rest with replacement alternator. It excites around 850 RPM. Thanks Sky for the ebay link.
    IMG_2889.jpg
    Mr. Hoover, before you point it out, I've got some touchup paint on the way for that bolt head.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Not to worry Mr. Clarckson. I think I have the very same colored bolt head on my alternator adjuster.

Walt Hoover