Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Aft deck cabinet restoration.

I noticed that your stb side cabinet counter top is about 1.5" higher than the step tread. I have the exact same thing on my boat. Quite annoying to me. I'm redoing the cabinets and will be rectifying that situation.
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

John mine counter is about a half inch below the latter tread so You don’t step on the counter going up or down only the stair tread. The cabinet height on both sides is exactly the same. It’s about 1/2 inch lower than the window frame.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Oldlaxer1 View Post
    I noticed that your stb side cabinet counter top is about 1.5" higher than the step tread. I have the exact same thing on my boat. Quite annoying to me. I'm redoing the cabinets and will be rectifying that situation.
    Thanks a lot. I have subliminally been noticing that but it hadn't fought its way to "issue" status yet. Until now. On the list. in the bottom 20% but on the list nevertheless.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

You and the admiral are doing a beautiful job of restoring her. Keep up the good work.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    John mine counter is about a half inch below the latter tread so You don’t step on the counter going up or down only the stair tread. The cabinet height on both sides is exactly the same. It’s about 1/2 inch lower than the window frame.
    I find that step dangerous which is why I'm planning on changing. My toe lands on the counter top but the heel is angled down so it is prone to slide off the tread. I think the difference in the levels in my case is closer to 1 1/2"
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD