Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hi Amp DC schematic

I have multiple schematics of just about everything......except the high amp 32VDC system. Batteries, battery switches etc.... Does it exist or is that considered self explanatory? And if it exists does anyone have one?

I traced most of it today and made my own schematic, but there are two wires, both fused and 6-ish gauge heading up out of each battery switch that I can't place. They look original.......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Hi Amp DC schematic

Could they be for the charger?
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    Could they be for the charger?
    I was also going to say charger. But you should have a wiring diagram for those too.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I was also going to say charger. But you should have a wiring diagram for those too.
    Don't have a wiring diagram for charger either.

OK, to be more complete, there are a total of 5 lighter (6-ish) gauge wires coming out of the tops of the battery switches. Also, I don't have the big 32V big box. I have two individual (grey) battery switches, one in each engine room. All looks pretty original to me based on the routing and securing of the welding cables.

So out of the tops:

SB- a red #201 with FRN40 fuse which corresponds with the 201 coming into the charger.
    SB- a black #7 with FRN 40 fuse which disappears up.... haven't found where yet. The book mentions a spare fuse on the 32VDC distribution panel being the only thing the SB bank feeds so that may well be it. The is no fuse labeled such on the panel.

P- a #205 with FRN40 which I believe goes to the charger (the number being close to 201 and the lights dim when you pull it) but the charger end of the second battery is unlabeled. It is however the "control" battery so that would make sense it being the house bank
    P- a black #8 with a 100A flat fuse which goes up. I suspect this is the feed for the 32VDC distribution panel
    P- An unlabeled red with fla 100A fuse which goes.........

I' in the process of installing the new Analytic Systems BCA1000 charger and I have the need to know what's what......

BTW, the oil pressure switching is not present on the BCA1000 so I assume I will be adding "32VDC charger OFF" to the before start checklist.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 05-09-2021 at 09:22 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay