Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HRH Lola 53 Hatteras

I know this has been discussed before, and to the more traditional or purist, this is not so good. And although I am in that camp, I am not sure why I am finding this kind of cool. I need help, quick! Something must be wrong...

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/197...acht--3723385/

Go to page 40

https://issuu.com/lakelandboating/do...31784/55000739

https://www.facebook.com/charteryachtlola/

https://www.anthonymichaelinteriorde...cts/h-r-h-lola

If you spent all of this money, and it is going to be a charter, why not put stabilizers on?

Anyone seen this? What is the overall condition?

1-How hard would it be to keep a black boat clean?

2-How difficult would it be to repaint white? Would the black have to come off?

Re: HRH Lola 53 Hatteras

In her formal glory.
    Attached Images

3. Re: HRH Lola 53 Hatteras

I’m pretty sure I was shown this boat back in 2004, along with a black Chris Craft in the same boatyard someone had dumped several hundred thousand to make super contemporary (yet still had gas engines), both were asking retarded prices. It was right then and there that I decided there was something wrong with the people in Chicago. Proven true when later that night I was taken to a fancy and famous steakhouse-where they allowed (and by god people were doing it!) cigar smoking in the dining room. That, and the Doubletree I had booked supposedly next to Midway Airport was actually nine miles away. The clerk said “we get a lot of complaints about that. Here, have a cookie”.
    Last edited by Retired1; 06-28-2021 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    I’m pretty sure I was shown this boat back in 2004, along with a black Chris Craft in the same boatyard someone had dumped several hundred thousand to make super contemporary (yet still had gas engines), both were asking retarded prices. It was right then and there that I decided there was something wrong with the people in Chicago. Proven true when later that night I was taken to a fancy and famous steakhouse-where they allowed (and by god people were doing it!) cigar smoking in the dining room. That, and the Doubletree I had booked supposedly next to Midway Airport was actually nine miles away. The clerk said “we get a lot of complaints about that. Here, have a cookie”.
    That is hilarious! Maybe there is something wrong with me, classic Hatteras is just suppose to be that, all American classic.

I believe it was listed for stupid money last time.... (2 years ago?) They seem to be coming to their senses, somewhat. My drug running days are over or I'd consider it.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I believe it was listed for stupid money last time.... (2 years ago?) They seem to be coming to their senses, somewhat. My drug running days are over or I'd consider it.
    You guys are making me laugh today!

What she looked like in her glory days as a 1977 Classic 53 Hatteras MY with the Chicago Skyline as her backdrop.. Classy and Dignified

-
    Last edited by JEDB777; 06-28-2021 at 03:30 PM.

I can not imagine how damn hot that boat must get in the hot summer sun. NO thank you at any price.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

The owner doesn't even know what model boat this is. He lists it several places as a 60MY with 18'2" beam and 8v92's. He also lists the tankage of a 60 with 1050 gallons of fuel and 350 gallons water. Obviously somebody with a vision that is more like a nightmare.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You couldn’t take that anywhere near salt water without spending all your time cleaning it.