Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Perfection paint shortage

Apparently there has been a shortage of Perfection paint. Finally got enough white to do the boat but unable to finish because no Red and blue for the stripes. Boat is in Eastport Maine and the boating season is short so would appreciate any recommendations.

Re: Perfection paint shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Docs Holiday View Post
    Apparently there has been a shortage of Perfection paint. Finally got enough white to do the boat but unable to finish because no Red and blue for the stripes. Boat is in Eastport Maine and the boating season is short so would appreciate any recommendations.
    Have you tried Wholesale Marine? I’ve prepaid a couple of quarts with them. Supposed to be a couple more weeks. Down to my last quart. Anyway, WM has always been straight with me.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

These days I think WM has more clothing shoes and gadgets than chandlery items.... good sources usually are Defender, Jamestown and Fisheries Supply

I m trying to buy three Fireboy bottles ... weeks of wait times. Apparently shipping issues a d the boom
    In boats is creating shortage of cylinders. I was told by two different brokers and a RIB dealer that there is a shortage of outboards to the point where some builders are starting to cut down production. Also, a fire at a chain chem plant has impacted resin production.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    These days I think WM has more clothing shoes and gadgets than chandlery items.... good sources usually are Defender, Jamestown and Fisheries Supply I m trying to buy three Fireboy bottles ... weeks of wait times. Apparently shipping issues a d the boomIn boats is creating shortage of cylinders. I was told by two different brokers and a RIB dealer that there is a shortage of outboards to the point where some builders are starting to cut down production. Also, a fire at a chain chem plant has impacted resin production.
    Wholesale Marine
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Thanks for the info. I tried Jamestown but they weren’t confident that their orders scheduled to be delivered in May wouldn’t get pushed back. I found some on Amazon and ordered….we will see if they show up as promised…May 11 to 17.

This is why I went ahead with Awlgrip on my bridge project. It was hard enough to find white what more an Oyster White. Awlgrip is readily available from numerous sources.

7. Re: Perfection paint shortage

Defender is currently showing Flag Blue in stock, no red though.
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

I guess not many use it, but I had no trouble sourcing Imron from Finish Masters.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Even though cinfirmin with several paint suppliers listed on Amazon that they had the perfection paint I wanted….they didn’t. All responded on follow up that they were waiting for their order to come in some as early as may 14…but actually one admitted that it would likely be July. They just keep pushing the delivery date back. That could be half my boating season in Maine and Canada gone! I have decided to try and get equivalent paint colors in Epiphanes. Keeping my fingers crossed. Has anyone on the forum used Epiphanes/ or Imron for roll and tip?

Interestingly our painting crew chief went to Sherwin Williams to purchase a couple of pallets of paint for summer projects. She was told there was a shortage of paint and there would be at least a 2 month lead time. We are a regular customer and buy countless gallons a year. I have been in construction for 40 years and have never seen a paint shortage