Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

View Poll Results: Continue Morning Funny

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love it

    48 94.12%
  • No, I"m offended

    1 1.96%
  • I have no opinion, I don't even own a boat

    3 5.88%
  • I want my mommy

    4 7.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Life just would not be the same or stable with out the Morning Funny.

  2. #22

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Who is the snowflake when a little mild criticism is answered with rants and calling those you disagree with pieces of shit? It’s informative how many people are so quick to turn every tiny disagreement into a personal insult and then respond by being as petty and insulting as they can. Just as the topic of the original post: it says more about the poster than about the reader or the target of the rant. The responses are reminiscent of an elementary schoolyard not a forum populated by supposed adults. These childlike tantrums and rants say more about you than about me or about the topic at hand.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

  3. #23

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Folks, no one has ordered Rusty to stop posting. I passed along a few mild comments, is all. No, I will not disclose where they came from.

    Also, be advised I did not order anyone to do anything. I would prefer that the Morning Funny thread stay alive. I would also prefer it was less crude, because that's what the complaints are about, but I'm not going to shut it off.

    Now, this thread, which has gotten out of hand by a long shot, I AM going to shut if the current personal remarks don't immediately stop.

  4. #24

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    I am amazed at all the attention that thread gets. I never read it, didn't seem that funny!

    Best part was a recent post by Walt P!
    Brett Portzer
    1972 Hatteras 43DC #331

    SUPERNOVA
    Waterford, NY
    2019-

    CAROL-SUE
    Baltimore, MD
    1977-2019

    C.VALPRISAN IV
    Boston, MA
    1972-1977

  5. #25

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Who is the snowflake when a little mild criticism is answered with rants and calling those you disagree with pieces of shit? It’s informative how many people are so quick to turn every tiny disagreement into a personal insult and then respond by being as petty and insulting as they can. Just as the topic of the original post: it says more about the poster than about the reader or the target of the rant. The responses are reminiscent of an elementary schoolyard not a forum populated by supposed adults. These childlike tantrums and rants say more about you than about me or about the topic at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Folks, no one has ordered Rusty to stop posting. I passed along a few mild comments, is all. No, I will not disclose where they came from.

    Also, be advised I did not order anyone to do anything. I would prefer that the Morning Funny thread stay alive. I would also prefer it was less crude, because that's what the complaints are about, but I'm not going to shut it off.

    Now, this thread, which has gotten out of hand by a long shot, I AM going to shut if the current personal remarks don't immediately stop.
    Care to explain why other comments were deleted but the one above yours remains?

    Moderators are supposed to be neutral, aren't they?

  6. #26

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Moderators are supposed to be neutral, aren't they?
    Actually, I would say that they are supposed to moderate the discussion, IOW keep it from going to the extremes. Perhaps we need a "basement" area where people can play in the mud like some other forums, although it wouldn't interest me personally.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

  7. #27

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    Actually, I would say that they are supposed to moderate the discussion, IOW keep it from going to the extremes. Perhaps we need a "basement" area where people can play in the mud like some other forums, although it wouldn't interest me personally.
    Funny how everything was fine until a few people got upset after being forced to read a thread with a title that had nothing to do with anything of interest to them. I suspect the same would happen in a "basement" area.

    Meanwhile, the Facebook-style censorship is a tad ridiculous for a group of primarily grown men who at least have an interest in old boats.

  8. #28

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    I think everyone needs a group un-bunching of their undies. Grow a pair and move on. If you have been or might be offended I’m fairly sure no one is forcing anyone to read any post here.
    As far as the term moderator on this forum is concerned, censor is more accurate. But as I was told, “their forum, their rules” written or not.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

  9. #29

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    I am not now and never have been offended.
    Bill Allison
    Hatt 1988 60MY Grateful.
    Wilson Lake, Killen AL

  10. #30

    Re: Should Rusty continue the Morning Funny?

    Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    My feelings too. The casual racism and sexism says a lot more about the poster than the reader. I look at the posts more to see how the poster has embarrassed themselves than for the humorous content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Who is the snowflake when a little mild criticism is answered with rants and calling those you disagree with pieces of shit? It’s informative how many people are so quick to turn every tiny disagreement into a personal insult and then respond by being as petty and insulting as they can. Just as the topic of the original post: it says more about the poster than about the reader or the target of the rant. The responses are reminiscent of an elementary schoolyard not a forum populated by supposed adults. These childlike tantrums and rants say more about you than about me or about the topic at hand.
    It seems that you are the one responding by calling Rusty a racist and sexist for posting a few cartoons that seem to bother you. I don't think it says anything about him. He was just trying to make us all laugh a little about life and society. You, on the other hand, have just called out your own behavior.

    I think the proper thing to do is just turn the other cheek and let it go. If you don't like his post, don't read them. If you don't like the food at a restaurant, don't eat there. You can't change people, especially not old men like most of us are (just ask our wives).

    I have spoken to Rusty on the phone several times and he sure seems like a great guy to me.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 05-04-2021 at 07:49 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts