Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Leaving demopolis Thursday

We have a high chance of thunder storms thru weekday. On Thursday to Sumter landing. Columbus Friday. With no windless we dropped the anchor here and we were able to get it up. Not easy but doable. Why this boat docent have a windless is beyond me. Sky is it common to see this??any one else??what is the rule of thumb on anchor weights??when I bought this anchor west Marine said 1lb per foot.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Re: Leaving demopolis Thursday

Robby,
    Many of the early 53's had no pulpit and no windlass. It was an option that most people ordered on the later models and many have been added throughout the years.

Even on my 1985, we had a windlass but no chain or wildcat (which I added later).
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have a 110lb claw on my 58. Maybe 1lb per foot for a lunch hook but I would want more for overnights.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

My1987 45C came with no windlass, from the factory. Want to add one, but wiring etc will be complicated for 12V so it has not been a priority yet.

At least the anchor for a 45 is not too bad.

It's pretty clear my 43DC didn't originally come with bow pulpit or windlass.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Red face Re: Leaving demopolis Thursday

We just drove up to Columbus and Steve the marina manager said for our draft Sumter would no longer work. Its stilted in but there is an oxboe lake just to the left bank approaching heflinlock so we will be going there. Our 43 had a factory windless and it worked well. There was a lot of nice things that Bill root put on that boat that we miss on this one but I love our 53my. Stay tuned and cruise the Tenn Tomm with us. Everybody should do it at least once. We really miss Bill. He was one he'll of a nice guy and the best previous owner a novice could ask for. Between that drunk bird and him I don t know what we would have done. Love them both.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

We anchored on the south end of that spot on Dave's 60MY around this time last year. We couldn't get into Columbus either. It's a really good spot with just enough current to keep you in line with no need for a stern anchor.

Steve and company are going to have to bite the bullet and dredge that spot if they want to stay in business. I'm surprised the tenants there haven't raised hell about it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

my 1972 58yf didn't come with a pulpit, i have to assume it didn't have the windlass either. both have been added, ideal windlass and custom aluminum pulpit by a P.O.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.