Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

1. Re: Anybody know the 1988 65 MY Benchmark in Palmetto, FL?

Quote Originally Posted by ADOPO View Post
    So we visited this boat last Wednesday, as it is located at Riviera Dunes Marina in Palmetto. Anyone looking to buy a dock, that would be the place as it is "according to many" a "hurricane hole and insurance approved".

The boat presented well, but was dated as you can see from the video in the advertisement. Most electronics, while perhaps serviceable, were outdated. So, very clean, nice condition, worth a look if you are not concerned about having a new boat look.

We proceeded to Marlow's yard on Sneed Island, and were very impressed all around, until I began my google research on Yacht forum and some other sites. I was surprised at the number of issues they have had through the years. I suppose a lot of yards/manufacturers have had their issues, but these appear to be a bit alarming. BTW lots of Hatteras love on Yacht Forum.
    Yachtforums is apparently a club of (maybe) ten regular posters. The owner of the site blocks anyone who doesn’t agree with said regular posters, especially if they’re actually in the boat business, knows yachts and the yacht business. The guy (goes by Older Boater there, and B&B on Trawlerforums) who posts the most, apparently just Googles any and everything all day-every day, on the Internet, and uses lawsuits he “discovered”(even if just one (1) to tarnish reputations of boat builders and brokers WITHOUT actually visiting the vessels, nor speaking with anyone involved, all in between being an expert and moral authority on EVERYTHING. I don’t believe one word that sad sack says about anything, because despite tens of thousands of his posts, with ALL his extensive cruising-he hasn’t once posted one (1) photograph of anything, and many times he’s supposedly in a harbor, and nobody has seen any boats that match any of his many yachts.. Cruise ships passed by, yes. Sunseekers on the Loop or in Alaska kinda stick out.Westports and Rivas stick out. Hmmm, not one(1) photo.
    Marlows are quality yachts. Believe your eyes!
    Last edited by Retired1; 05-09-2021 at 01:12 PM.