Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dingy crane

Dingy crane

Does anyone know the manufacturer of this crane?
    I’d like to get the weight limit and specs.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363

Re: Dingy crane

MarQuipt perhaps, but an old one......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Most likely Marquipt
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Looks like an older Marquipt to me. We have a Marquipt davit crane and it looks similar to this one. There is a decal with blue writing on ours that says Marquipt but it could easily be faded from the elements/sun.

Thanks.

Put a call into and left VM for their tech support person.
    Would really like to see if they have model number, weight capacity, specs etc.

I’ve used it a few times, but figure they probably need some regular maintenance?

Thanks again,

Mitch
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363

At very least the cable should be unreeled and inspected. If you are going to be using it much you could also lift the arm off of the standpipe and clean and grease the bushings.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Coming into this thread late, but we are going to have to remove and replace the cable on our davit, which appears to be an old Marquipt all manual electric davit. Any special information on the cable?
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Use high tech line, not cable, higher working load for a given diameter and much easier on your hands. Something like Amsteel or equivalent. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Ditto above.

I buy 20 extra feet and cut off the line that has been in the sun the last season.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Scarlett, Glory, thanks for the advice. I tried the 85' cable first - it was recommended in another thread and linked so I ordered it. MAJOR disaster. It is MUCH bigger in diameter than 3/8, and it snagged somewhere in the davit and shredded, so it was returned. After further researching my davit as best I could, I ordered the second one which went on with NO issues. Part of the process here involved drilling and driving out the oversize bolt someone forced into the pulley opening which did not allow the pulley to turn freely. This was done before attempting to install the first cable.

The second cable not only spooled on like it was made for my davit, but the protective shroud is actually the perfect length for UV protection.

AmazonSmile: Synthetic Winch Rope 3/8" x 85' - 23809 Ibs Winch Line Cable Rope with Protective Sleeve for 4WD Off Road Vehicle JEEP SUV Motorcycle: Automotive

AmazonSmile: Synthetic Winch Rope 1/4" x 50' 7000LBs Blue Synthetic Winch Rope Cable with Metal Snap Hook and Rubber Stopper for SUV Jeep Truck ATV UTV: Automotive

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL