Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Excited for the 2021 Season..

So yesterday we finally got a chance to take the boat out for a shakedown run after last season's tremendous amount of engine work, trying to remediate some water issues with the engines we have been having for some time. After replacing the head on the port engine, new injectors and a bunch of other things we have FINALLY been able to hit the numbers we were able to hit when they were brand new in 2007. Unbelievable good feeling after all of that work. Of course we had to celebrate with a couple of cold ones after that run!

So for our tiny (compared to you guys!) 1985 32' FB we topped out at 2900 rpms WOT +/- 50 we hit 32knts. EGTs stayed at or under 950 at WOT as well. Was a tad slower than new because I had some pitch taken out since new but she purred and did not want to stop. I knew something good was going to happen when I put her in gear to get out of the slip and the torque made me sit down LOL.

Gotta throw out a huge Thanks to my "old man" who was with me every single step of the process of doing the in water head swap. Worst part was lifting the head from my car to the boat with a 5ft drop from low tide. Somehow we gotter all back together and it works. Not sure how that happened. Even tested compression and was consistent 350psi (I think I remember that) Did valve timing by the book and she started up on the first crank (in fall).

Now we have to focus on the important stuff...fishing.
    Last edited by Jackman; 04-25-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Re: Excited for the 2021 Season..

Great news! Thanks for the update and enjoy!

Re: Excited for the 2021 Season..

glade to hear thanks