Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1987 63' Hatteras CPMY $360,000

IMG_6806.jpgIMG_6802.jpghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHUxeq7xxxI

Available NOW!

This video was taken before the new bimni top, new aft micron windows and new Marquit sea stairs with rotating platform were added.

I've decided to sell my beloved Hatteras. Below is a full description. The broker is going to list it for $420,000 in two weeks. I thought I'd list it here first before it hits the market. I'd sell it here for $360,000 along with the dinghy and 50hp outboard included.

The boat has spent most of her life in fresh water. She is currently located on the San Joaquin River in Stockton, California.
    I will add more pictures tonight

Wet Ever is a 3 cabin, 3 head/shower galley down model. It is the only 63 CPMY that was built with a staircase going from the salon to the captain's quarters. All of the other ones built you have to go through the engine room to get to the Captains quarters. This one also had the walls to the engine rooms removed so you can get better access to the engines. It also had the flybridge ladder relocated from the aft salon and relocated inside closer to the helm.

It's powered by twin 12V71 TI Detroit Diesels with 2800 hours. It has two 20KW Onan diesel generators for power when at sea.
    The boat has Naiad stabilizers and a Glendding engine synchoronizer. It has a Wes Mar bow thruster. It has an older HRO water maker that is functional but would need new membranes and a flush to be fully working. I have never used it as it was pickled when I bought it.

The following list below are all of the upgrades I have done:

New Garmin Electronics
    New Garmin 8600 multifunction display that will link up to any Apple device
    New Garmin Reactor Pro Autopilot
    New Garmin Chartplotter
    New Garmin Sonar
    New Garmin 42 Mile digital radar
    3 New Garmin multifunction displays for wind, boat speed, odometer etc

New Garmin AIS
    The Furuno 72 Mile radar array works great and personallyI like using it more than the Garmin
    New bottom paint 2017
    New shaft sharks 2018, these cut lines in case you ever run over a crab trap
    Rebuilt Hynautics with new reservoirs for both engines and both transmissions
    New Hydraulic steering ram, its new old stock
    New non skid paint on swim step, main deck and fly bridge
    New paint on all dodger boards
    New Samsung stackable washing and dryer
    New A.O. Smith 40 gallon hot water heater
    New paint on both dock boxes
    New varnish on all rails
    New solenoids for Barnett trip tabs
    New solenoids for Wesmar bow thrusters
    New zincs installed two months ago for props. shafts and bow thrusters
    New oil change with zero hours since done, I did it last week
    New batteries for entire ship, I replaced the house, starting batteries for both engines and the batteries for bow thruster last month
    New aft sink and faucet
    New aft Scotman ice maker
    New Accucold fridge and freezer
    New compressor on Frigibar ice chest/fridge
    New upholstery on California room sofa, bow sofa, ice chest seating area and fly bridge soft and fly bridge captains chairs
    New upholstery on galley sofa
    Newer carpeting in entire boat, replaced 2017
    New blinds for salon, captain quarters, galley and VIP stateroom, I didn't need them in the forward stateroom
    New canvas enclosure with micron hard plastic windows
    New long range WIFI antenna
    New 6 man Revere life raft in hard case and cradle
    New flat screen TV in salon with soundbar and woofer
    New EBRIP on flybridge
    New motor in Marquipt Davit Crane,
    New old stock locks for all sliding doors
    Sony stereo sytem that has speakers in all cabins
    New compressor in KitchenAid refrigerator, it should last another 20 years
    New GE dishwasher
    New kitchen disposal
    Fresh urethane on helm and galley floors
    New Headhunter fresh water pump for house water, Its top of the line
    New trigger switches for all 5 Cruise Air AC systems, these new switches don't fail, the old ones failed about twice a year
    New expansion Pressure tank for fresh water system
    New smart battery charger for engine room
    New LED strip lighting for salon
    New remote control spotlight for flybridge and helm
    New Marquit swivel step for sea stairs
    New Benneti sea stairs, both with teak I had the mounting brackets put on the port and starboard side
    New gauges for fresh water and fuel system
    New waste water overboard pump with a spare pump on board
    New Bimini top on flybridge, 6 months ago
    New front window sun screen
    New aft and bow freshwater wash down spickets
    New 50 amp house power cord, this was my Christmas present to me
    New oil collection crap cans on both Detroits, this helps prevent any oil leaking
    New fresh water pumps on both Detroits, done last year
    Had both heat exchangers on the Detroits taken off and cleaned last year and repainted\
    Both Detroit water impellers were replaced last year and I Have two spares
    I'm sure I'm missing something but this is what I can remember.

The dingy recently had an overhaul on the engine with new carbs. It runs like a scalded dog, it carries 7 people and yesterday by myself I got it up to 40 mph
    It has a new steering system
    New Garmin MFD with a chart plotter and sonar are attached to the dinghy.
    I installed a new automatic bilge pump on it last week.

I have two spares props for the yacht and a spare shaft in the lazerette
    I have many spare filters both Racor, fuel and oil
    There is a spare March water pump for the AC and generator system
    One of the Onan generators has a new electronic fuel pump
    Both of the Onans and both of the Detroits have an oil change pump that makes oil changes a breeze
    Last week I installed a brand new $1000 brass water pump for the port engine.
    Both fuel tanks are full

Other equipment with the boat:

Galley a GE combination microwave/convection over
    I have a full size Dacor oven and a full sized cooktop range.
    The refrigerator/freezer is a full sized Kitchen Aid with a brand new compressor
    New GE Stainless steel dishwasher
    Stainless steel sink
    Broan Stainless steel trash compactor
    Corian countertops and a Corian galley table
    Refinished solid wood original Hatteras parquet flooring

Forward cabin has two bunks, a stand up shower and a head. The chain locker in the forward cabin has 250 feet full of chain road along with a 175lb anchor and a Galley Maid windlass. Forward cabin has separate heating and cooling system.

Salon has Roku flatscreen TV with a speaker bar and woofer. Newer carpeting in saloon. All vertical blinds in the boat are new. Salon has a leather couch and three leather chairs.

Helm has a large 3 person helm seat. Garmin 8600 multifunction display with AIS, 42 mile digital radar, sonar, chartplotter and Garmin autopilot. New remote control spotlight with two controls. 3 Garmin electronic gauges that you can set up for wind direction, miles traveled, compass, hours traveled etc. Chrome Danforth compass at helm and flybridge. Standard Horizon VHF radio with GPS coordinates at Helm and Fly Bridge. Hailer with external loudspeaker, SEA older model telephone radio single side band. Older GPS, functional but I don't ever use it. All breakers for electronics are at helm. There is also a key for a remote control waste pump out.

The boat has 5 CruisAir units. One for each cabin with separate controls.

Aft salon has new upholstery on couches. Has a mini bar with sink, new Scotsman ice maker, new Mini fridge. The new hard/soft closure secures nicely for the winter and snaps up easily for the summer.

Lots of storage beneath the queen sized bed and plenty of storage in built in closets and drawers. Has a bathtub with shower and head.

Midship cabin has two side by side beds that can sleep two people each if you are into each other. Midship has a full sized shower and head. New Samsung stackable washer and dryer and located across from the midship cabin.

Engine room has new house and starting batteries,New 40 gallon hot water heater, new pressure tank for water heater, new freshwater pump, Dual Racors for both engines, oil changing system for both engines, Naiad stabilizers, oil pressure and temperature gauges above both engines, air compressor and air tank powered by starboard engine. Bilges are dusty and dry. Entire engine room has sound proofing installed on the roof and walls.

Flybridge has two captain chairs and other control stations for the engines. New upholstery on all coaches and captains chairs. New motor for Marquipt crane along with new cable. It's rated to pick up at least 1000lbs.

The boat needs absolutely nothing besides a good wash on the exterior. Everything works and a survey would find little if anything. I do know I Need to recertify the life raft and I need to have the fire extinguishers recertified for the year.
    Boat holds 1165 gallons of diesel
    375 gallons of fresh water
    210 gallon holding tank
    Attached Images
    Last edited by RonNP; 06-28-2021 at 12:05 PM.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: 1987 63' Hatteras CPMY $360,000

I have had the pleasure to do a couple of longer trips on Ron’s boat and it is truly a beautiful, well equipped vessel. The aft stairway really makes the engine Room spectacular, full width. John but Ron, I thought Rusty was going to buy it.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thanks! He was but his back and knees are getting worse. He didn't think he could manage a boat as large as this.
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Great looking boat. Love that engine room. Good luck with the sale.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

IMG_6065.jpg
    Attached Images
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

What would transport costs be over to the East coast ?