Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Mathers Micro Commander controls

Mathers can be vexing. I have them and live with them. I run customers boats equipped with them as well. That said the biggest repeat issue with them is either related to a clean and consistent power supply or grounds.

Who owns Mathers today?
    I remember ZF took them over and fixed some old issues.
    Then all got quiet.

Been a while since I messed with them, Just wondering.
    Parts and support still up?
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 05-11-2021 at 09:14 PM.

ZF has owned Mathers for quite some time. I think since 1998? Its still supported by the ZF service network globally. However, what's changed is production. Production moved from Mukilteo, WA to ZF Arco, Italy. Tech support is still good but inventory is questionable. I would recommend Ed at Control Masters Inc. for ZF control support.
    "Sneaking Out"
    1977 37C DD 6-71N
    Jacksonville, FL

"Sneakin' Out"
    1985 55C 12V71TI
    Jacksonville, FL

OP I have hynautic engine controls and just went through the serious contemplation of switching to Glendenning electric. After much deliberation I stayed with Hynautic. Some think that attaching electronic controls to mechanical engines is problematic. I struggle with the issues that electronic controls bring but at some point may not have a choice. If you are in S Fl there is a Hynautic “expert” who could rebuild your system. I have thought about doing that. Would be interested in the forums thoughts on traditional cables. I thought I heard that there were some out there with ball bearings that were supposed to be pretty smooth.

I had problems with my Hynautics controls 4 years ago. The PO had not had the glycol is the system changed ever so it had turned into sludge. I replaced both reservoir canisters and had the controls rebuilt by Sea Tech of San Diego for 10 boat bucks. They have been problem free ever since.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by tkbsurf View Post
    ZF has owned Mathers for quite some time. I think since 1998? Its still supported by the ZF service network globally. However, what's changed is production. Production moved from Mukilteo, WA to ZF Arco, Italy. Tech support is still good but inventory is questionable. I would recommend Ed at Control Masters Inc. for ZF control support.
    Been working with Ed for many years now. Great family and dog lovers.
    Forgot his connect with ZF, actually how we met years ago, customers clutch warranty claim.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 05-12-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Call Gary at Marine Control Systems. 828-508-4201 . A great guy , he will go through your problems on the phone . He can rebuild your system if needed. I would never replace a Hynautic system with electric. I have enough errant electrons as it is .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL