Man, did that run ever bring back memories. I'm sure all you long timers remember me bringing my 58TC from Palmetto, FL to Chattanooga, TN on just the port engine. I had the company of a couple of HOF'ers from Palmetto to Pensacola, then I was solo the rest of the way up.

That was back in 2007, and I think it's safe to safe I hold the record for most number of miles traveled on a Hatteras with one engine as I've done it several times since. Not a thousand miles worth as was the case with my first trip, but definitely over 500 on a single run since then with Dave and Trina on Benna... you know, the thing.

A little video of the single engine run on the Tenn-Tom. I swore I would never again run the Tenn-Tom at night after my inaugural trip on the 58, but we really didn't have much of an option for anchoring with the water being that high. Luckily Eddie's boat has a really good spotlight that's high up on the hardtop and doesn't destroy your night vision. Dodging all that crap was a lot of fun with one engine, but we both had turns at the wheel with that. "Baptism by fire", is the term Eddie used, if I remember correctly. He definitely saw it all on this trip.

https://youtu.be/cLmYy7t1h48