Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Do you tip - at the fuel dock on delivery?

Sorry, but for some reason I cannot edit posts here.

After 4 months at a marina in Marathon, we tipped the dockmaster generously, but I didn’t give anything to the multi-millionaire who owned the place even though we interacted with him as much as the dockmaster.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Re: Do you tip - at the fuel dock on delivery?

I generally tip a few bucks at the fuel docks and anywhere staff go out of their way to be helpful. On my first visit on Fanfare to the Bahamas I had a Bahamian captain. While clearing customs in Bimini I noticed the officer seemed a bit slow to leave the boat. I asked my captain "Should I have tipped him?" He said "Never hurts." I have done so ever since except for one remarkably rude officer who kept me waiting outside his office for several hours. And that's why I don't go to Bimini any more.

We are at the Stock Island Marina in Key West. It's the best marina we have ever used. Everyone is helpful. They have a free shuttle to downtown every hour. Yesterday I had a haircut at 11:20 so caught the 11 o'clock shuttle which dropped me off and picked me up forty minutes later on its return. (Haircuts in KW only last 10 minutes so I had time to grocery shop.) I had given him a few dollars on the way in and some more on the return because The Admiral was going in next on the noon run. On my back, to my surprise, he bypassed the normal stop at the hotel and drove my groceries and me all the way back down the dock to my boat so I wouldn't have to carry packages so far.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932