Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: White/grey smoke from Onan 20kw genset after 4 months disuse.

I had an 8KW that would skip and miss a bit after a lay up. Once I ran it a while under load it smoothed right up.
    Regards
    Dan

If you still need help, try Paco Generators (786) 287-4861. Never used him but recommended by a dock neighbor
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I tried running it under a load and the smoke cleared up for a while (5 mins) and then the unit bogged down and died filling the generator room with oily smoke. So, we have shelved plans for the Bahamas and now will leave for Jax and our go-to service shop: Lamb’s Yacht Center. We will stop for two nights at Halifax Harbor in Daytona to visit a friend along the way. We have a couple of minor issues with a 32v Sentry charger and a dead VIP exhaust fan (it’s behind the washer/dryer!) so we will get those sorted too and then head north for the Chesapeake. Next Spring we will try the Bahamas again!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Lambs?
    You must like the abuse.
    Call Noah. https://all-powerpro.com
    He can meet you before you turn to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I tried running it under a load and the smoke cleared up for a while (5 mins) and then the unit bogged down and died filling the generator room with oily smoke. So, we have shelved plans for the Bahamas and now will leave for Jax and our go-to service shop: Lamb’s Yacht Center. We will stop for two nights at Halifax Harbor in Daytona to visit a friend along the way. We have a couple of minor issues with a 32v Sentry charger and a dead VIP exhaust fan (it’s behind the washer/dryer!) so we will get those sorted too and then head north for the Chesapeake. Next Spring we will try the Bahamas again!
    Let me know when you are in the area and I'll take you all to dinner courtesy of the HOF. You can even bring Randy if you see him hitchhiking.

We would like that. We plan on stopping in Annapolis to eat at one of our favorite places: El Cabrito. Isn’t that where you are?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Yes, I'm in Annapolis. I don't know that place but I'm happy to come down to the dock and pick y'all up, my treat out of my huge entertainment allowance as moderator LOL