Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Beware boatersland.com

X 2 on Jamestown Distributors. Very nice people and excellent service. Also they actually know about the products they are selling.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Yup. Defenders, Jamestown, and Fisheries are all great.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I've always had good service from Jamestown as well, and they were my first choice, unfortunately, as their website indicated, they were out of stock on both the primer and gloss clear. Wish everybody did business like Jamestown.

These folks amaze me with their unfair and deceptive trade practices. I just don't know whether to feel sorry for the folks at Boatersland.com or how I should feel. Frankly, no one'll accuse them of being overly intelligent. And I understand in this world that sometimes you'll be lied to. But, it's right insulting when someone doesn't expend the effort to concoct a vaguely plausible lie. That's plain disrespectful!

Like dottieshusband, I never received a tracking number. So, today I requested it. Kim at Boatersland.com sent the number and wrote:

Your email with tracking was sent to you, does show:...
    Your order was already processed and shipped before your email came through. There was no fault of ours. The back order item was canceled as requested. I was also informed you were going to write reviews about this. I take my time to help our customers and don't get tide up in reviews. Sorry

Within an hour of placing my order on Sunday (4/11) and by 11:20AM on Monday morning (4/12), I sent three email cancellations and received a call in response to those emails informing me it was just too late to cancel my order. I was also informed a tracking number had already issued.

Let us all hope and pray Kim's not at the head of the class at Boatersland.com.

Shipped 04/12/2021 8:27 P.M. Norfolk, VA, United States
    Label Created TRK#
    1ZV5V2640307858386
    04/12/2021 7:04 P.M. United States

Eighteen hours was just not enough time for the good people at boatersland.com to cancel an order. But that should have been more than enough time to at least be creative and come up with a convincing story. Hell, they didn't even enter the shipping docs until 7 PM! Fortunately (for them) Kim's a bit more on the ball with CC authorizations.

So, I asked Kim to issue an intercept with UPS and recall the package--UPS's suggestion. But, since I wrote a review...

Beware of Boatersland.com. Pass it on
    Last edited by racclarkson@gmail.com; 04-13-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Not sure how Boatersland process their items.
    Most of these internet retailers, especially without brick and mortar are just programmatically passing on the order for fulfillment to a distributor or similar.
    Have a friend that has maybe 25 different retail websites with no employees except for himself. Totally automated, the look of the websites makes buyers think it's a huge operation.
    Pretty much goes fishing everyday and then handles any business items, emails and calls, late in the afternoon for an hour or so.
    No inventory, no shipping, just a print out of the days orders every evening so he knows how much the credit card companies owe him.
    He's been doing it for at least 15 years and does really well with it.

Also, the UPS/Fedex time stamp is most likely the end of day time when they upload their file, not when the items were actually processed. At least that's how it works at our place.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I take my time to help our customers and don't get tide up in reviews. Sorry
    Sounds like they are on the outgoing tide......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I have had good service from Defender, Jamestown, iMarine. I do tend to prefer local companies I can see face to face, but especially for electronics, which have to be shipped in, I'll shop on line. Also good service from The GPS Store.

I don't know Boatersland.com but they sound like people to avoid. Stupid or crooked, doesn't matter- crappy service is crappy service regardless of the cause.