Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beware boatersland.com

Boatersland.com will accept your order and obtain credit card approval on inventory they know is not in stock. If you place an order on Sunday and try to cancel it twice within an hour and again the next morning, they will claim the in-stock items have already shipped. However, they are not open on Sunday. They may call you and say the order isn’t cancelable because it’s already been assigned a tracking number. Boatersland.com agrees they aren’t open Sundays and that a tracking number doesn’t indicate an order has left their facility. It seems doubtful a tracking number has been assigned as this should trigger an automated notification. Boaterland.com is a company to avoid because of their deceptive business practices.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Beware boatersland.com

try canceling by chat. I have had luck when mentioning 'opening a CC dispute', and 'FTC complaint'. A chat is usually a 3rd party call center, and the complaint is now of record. Thanks for the heads up on this site.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I’ll remember chat next time. I did allow I’d refuse shipment and start a card dispute.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Buy from someone you know or buy local and you can walk up and strangle them.

These internet companies make everyone of us in the industry look bad.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have to agree with you. Ordered the Awlwood primer, clear gloss, thinner and brush cleaner from them, they charged my CC and I later got an email saying the primer was backordered, but the other products had shipped... all new shippinng systems automatically generate a tracking number when an order is processed, and I never got a tracking number or shipment confirmation .. and more importantly NO STUFF, even though the email said it went out. I emailed them to cancel the order, no response or CC reversal... no way to do business. I ended up ordering from Hamilton Marine, a few bucks more, and further away.. but I have a warm spot in my heart for them. I was marooned in Jonesport Maine a few years ago and their retail store was one of the only places in town to hang out!
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 04-12-2021 at 03:00 PM.

That's why I use Defender most of the time because they're legit on what they have in inventory themselves and also which products are being shipped from a 3rd party.
    Not many outfits that actually inventory products anymore, we try to support the ones that do.
    For Awlgrip stuff Merritt Marine Supply in Pompano can't be beat on inventory and service, they're one of a very few places that can mix Awlgrip colors if they don't have a particular color already in stock.
    Last summer a friend needed some sort of mint green Awlgrip, nobody had it in stock, estimate was 6 months, he called Merritts on a Monday morning and had it Thursday in Rhode Island. and it was a perfect match to the paint he had already used.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I use jamestown distributors for coatings products and mcmaster carr for stainless stuff. reputable with fast ship dates. One of my vendors even switched after seeing the service levels.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I’ve used Wholesale Marine because they usually have the paint I use. There service has always been top notch.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Defender and Fisheries Supply have great prices and top notch service.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Defender has been the worst offender of price and service policies by manufacturers. They've been cut off from more than one major manufacturer for violations of sales and price policies.

Don't reward bad behavior.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.