Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1971 53 MY owners manual

I have a 1971 53 MY hull 340, and am trying to find an owners manual, with illustrations. trying to get together so i can see where all of the original equipment and electrical panels were places. the previous owner said he was an electrician, he left tings in basket case condition. just trying to return things to normal. I have partial manuals from 1969 and 1981 they are completely different

Please help

Re: 1971 53 MY owners manual

You can contact Sam’s to see if they have something for you if not I would contact Hatteras direct.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Where in California are you located? We’re in Northern California.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have tries both sam's marine and spoke with CD several times at Hatteras, when covid hit they laid the people who did the owners manuals off and have not firmed up plans to bring them back I was told that old copies of the owners manuals were held in warehouse storage and no one knows where to look to gain access to do the copying. So I was hoping some one in the community had one of a similar vintage 72 or 73. The boat is currently in the san Juaquin sac. river delta in Stockton

I have the manual for my 1970. I ll be glad to scan it and post it somewhere for others. Message me in a couple of weeks when I get back from the Exumas as I may forget
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by child1 View Post
    I have tries both sam's marine and spoke with CD several times at Hatteras, when covid hit they laid the people who did the owners manuals off and have not firmed up plans to bring them back I was told that old copies of the owners manuals were held in warehouse storage and no one knows where to look to gain access to do the copying. So I was hoping some one in the community had one of a similar vintage 72 or 73. The boat is currently in the san Juaquin sac. river delta in Stockton
    We are at the Driftwood Marina in Antioch. We have a Hatteras cruise out scheduled for the end of September. If you’re interested send me a private message and I’ll send you my telephone number so we can talk about it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I just spoke to a friend of mine who has a 1973 53 footer. He’s located in Bethel Island, he does have most everything you need. Private message me with your telephone number and I’ll give you a call.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I finally got in touch with a friend of mine who keeps his boat in Alameda. He has a 1971, he has a lot of the specs on board summer a little hard to read but most of them are very clear. Let me know if you’re interested.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If you have not come up with a manual, I have just finished my winter scanning project of all of my boat's documentation (except for the blueprints-too big for my scanner) including the Owner's Manual and I'll be happy to share. I also have other manuals that I've scanned so if you need something else, let me know. Based on your questions I am going to assume that more than likely you really need the blueprints. I can provide you with pictures of whatever section you need. I do plan to see if I can find a scanning source for them but I am not there yet. My hull is 391 so it's fairly close to yours. The manual is in PDF format.
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391