Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Injection service

I know Derek can't help me here but I just got my first shot. Trying to get the wife scheduled too. It's crazy but I'm expecting a lot of pain tonight when I pull the bandaid from. My hairy arm.

They say April 30 for the second shot then 2 weeks and I'm good.

It's been a long isolation. I'm hoping to get my wife protected ASAP. Then I can get back to somewhat normalcy.

Has anyone had bad side effects? I know it's supposed to be rare. But I got the Pfizer and hope it's a non issue.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Injection service

Difficult to predict. Some people feel sick for a day or two. Some have hardly any reaction to it at all. The degree of reaction does not seem to have anything to do with the level of protection. Overall, the J&J vaccine seems to have more side effects, but I have not seen anyone who became ill enough to require observation or anything of that kind from a COVID vaccine.

Had 2nd Pfizer on 3-09. Slight swelling and tenderness at injection site. Nothing remarkable over a flu shot. Spousal unit was under the weather 36 hours-also Pfizer.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

My whole family had Moderna with no side effects with one exception. My son had the J&J and ran a fever for 24hrs. So, I'm sure if you see any effects, they will be minimal.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Neither I nor my PTSD (Part Time Sassy Darlin') had any reaction to our two Pfizer shots other than tenderness at the injection site the next day.

Congratulations! It feels like progress.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Got the Pfizer shots back in Feb and Mar. Zero reaction. Mild injection site discomfort, but I suspect no different than if I had an empty needle stuck in my arm.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I don’t get the part about being a long isolation. Neither us nor most of the people o know have been isolated or taken much precautions since China unleashed its red flu on the world. We ve been in contact with 100s of people on the boat (at work) in the last year never wearing masks or anything. Nobody we know got seriously ill, for whoever got the red flu it wasn’t worst than seasonal flu.

We got it early in the Bahamas, in January 2020, when they were still many Chinese tourists. The locals were laughing at them as early as December 2019 because they were all wearing mask. Nobody understood why back then... but they knew about it. It was all nicely planned.

I respect the desire and the freedom of anyone wishing to make big pharma richer if it makes them feel protected but no way in hell I ll be getting it. Unless forced to in order to travel to the Bahamas...

The only person I know who died because of the red flu was a 30 year old former crew member of ours who OD’d on sleeping pills havjng lost his bar tending job (no unemployment benefits for free lancers) and couldn’t afford his mortgage. There are thousands and thousands of similar cases around the country but what an inconvenient truth.

Thank you China.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don’t get the part about being a long isolation. Neither us nor most of the people o know have been isolated or taken much precautions since China unleashed its red flu on the world. We ve been in contact with 100s of people on the boat (at work) in the last year never wearing masks or anything. Nobody we know got seriously ill, for whoever got the red flu it wasn’t worst than seasonal flu.

We got it early in the Bahamas, in January 2020, when they were still many Chinese tourists. The locals were laughing at them as early as December 2019 because they were all wearing mask. Nobody understood why back then... but they knew about it. It was all nicely planned.

I respect the desire and the freedom of anyone wishing to make big pharma richer if it makes them feel protected but no way in hell I ll be getting it. Unless forced to in order to travel to the Bahamas...

The only person I know who died because of the red flu was a 30 year old former crew member of ours who OD’d on sleeping pills havjng lost his bar tending job (no unemployment benefits for free lancers) and couldn’t afford his mortgage. There are thousands and thousands of similar cases around the country but what an inconvenient truth.

Thank you China.
    I agree with Pascal my business was building biohazardous waste incinerators mainly for the major pharmaceutical and government research labs. We burned everything from mice to radioactive cows that they used for testing. I still have many fri that are in the labs. Every one of them said a safe vaccine takes 5-7 years to develop. True that red tape was cut to push these out but people getting these now are the guinea pigs. I’m not an anti vaxer but I know first hand how screwed up most of these pharmas are I’ve burned their mistakes before. And these masks even N95 is only 95% efficient. Unless your wearing a NBC nuclear biological chemical respirator they are just a placebo to make the general public feel like they have some control and comfort. Would you walk into an asbestos remediation site with a cloth or uncertified paper mask? Asbestos may kill you in 20 years but for “ the most deadly virus” your good to go? Give me a break.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

9. Re: Injection service

I got the Pfizer and the first one didn’t feel anything, no soreness or any side effects. Received second shot 3 days ago and didn’t even get a band-aid had some minor soreness at in the arm on day 2. Overall easy deal.
    Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

I had Pfizer with no side effecta
    Bill Allison
    Hatt 1988 60MY Grateful.
    Wilson Lake, Killen AL