Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Injector service

RPM in Lauderdale is highly recommended but my local mechanic normally sends his stuff to Pinellas Diesel. 8-92's and need to replace all tips plus maybe more. My mechanic will send them to whoever I want. Anyone have experience with Pinellas Diesel?

I would prefer to have my mechanic work with a shop he is familiar with and comfortable with. But don't want to do this if it really matters a lot and RPM is the place that should be used.

Thanks for any info.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: Injector service

May I inject a thought, ensure your injectors are rebuilt (Not just replaced) and popped at the shop to ensure even performance in them all.

I do lean to use your tech's shop. If any issue, he may have some more clout there than a cold customer.
    Now, If your tech's shop don't pop & match them (ultimate testing), Then I would find another shop that does.

Use Avenger, HOF member.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Watch out for that Derek Avenger guy. Everything I send to him comes back right.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Use Avenger, HOF member.
    I agree with Robert. Derek does great work. You'll get the attention to detail that you would expect.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You guys are the best, Thank you.

Why do we suddenly feel the need to replace "all the tips?" At least your port engine has a fairly fresh set of matched injectors in it. Did you run some junk through them or something?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Avenger, if you go to boatdiesel Detroit forum you can read my original post and conversation with Mr. Sparks. It will fill you in to the whole conversation. What is the name of your company and where are you located?
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Avenger, if you go to boatdiesel Detroit forum you can read my original post and conversation with Mr. Sparks. It will fill you in to the whole conversation. What is the name of your company and where are you located?
    Can you provide a link? It's not apparent on the forum page and I gave up my membership quite a while ago. Let's just say while I think there are some really good people there, nothing justifies the price.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I can’t figure out how to do a link. Forums-Detroit-92 series. Top of that group.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP