Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1972 Hatteras 48 Fisherman

I'm acquiring a 1972 Hatteras 48 fisherman. Has twin 8v71 diesel engines. It needs work.
    Attached Images

Re: 1972 Hatteras 48 Fisherman

Nice project.

really like those boats. nice project, congrats

It looks rough. Start by cleaning and removing everything broken, nasty, and definitely needing replacement. Clean is a big factor. Get down to new “canvas”. Currently doing this on cockpit and engine room on my sons 34. Very encouraging when you eliminate a bunch of ugly crap. Also well worth it at the end when finally done. It is a classic Hatteras. Good luck and have some fun.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Rough but great boat! We picked up same year and model last March. Going through an 18 month restore. Ask me any questions. I dig the radar arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless72 View Post
    Rough but great boat! We picked up same year and model last March. Going through an 18 month restore. Ask me any questions. I dig the radar arch.

"18 month restore", I like that. In May I will have the 14 anaversery of my 2 year restoration project that is still going.

Best of luck, I have a YF also.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I have the 75 model.

While I wasn’t the one to restore it, I am learning project by project.
    Feel free to get in touch with any questions.

Still have a few myself!

Also dig the radiometer arch.
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363

Original owner still in New Orleans, sold to a friend of mine, now deceased, but sold to a doctor from Jackson, Mississippi.

The doctor was also a friend of mine and we were docked at the Broadwater Marina in Biloxi for many years prior to Katrina.
    The radar arch was installed by a mutual friend in Biloxi.
    The first 3 owners keep the boat in good shape. The boat was sold after the doctor passed away.
    Last time I saw the boat was several years ago in Pensacola, sometime after Katrina.

Good luck with the restoration.