Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Railing Refinish

I do mine with four coats of Epiphanes Rapid Clear first, (you can do 2 or three in a day ) then sand with 150 grit and after that 6 coats of regular epiphans one coat at a time sanding in between with 220 that 320 and than 600 to finish prior to the last coat. I do one more coat each spring and one coat in the fall. No problems

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

I ordered the Awlwood system from Boatersland. I used Epiphanes 1st time around. Got 7 plus years out of it, and I'm sure if I'd followed their advice about recoating each year, I'm sure it would have been fine. It started to lift in a few places and instead of repairing those places, because I am a genius, I stripped it all off and went with an unknown product to me... Like Epiphanes, Awlgrip has a great reputation and looks I can get a high build quickly.. but no matter what.. wifey has committed to making railing covers.. now just waiting on the UPS man!

Any comments on Interlux Perfection?
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

I'm an Awlwood fan and I have covers for all my railings. This significantly extends the life of the finish.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Stripped the pulpit and lost some black caulk in the process. I was surprised to see it was in a shallow groove, and not separate strips of wood. It looks like polysulfide, but I'm planning on going back with sikaflex uv black... anybody got experience replacing the caulk?... yes, that's a stainless anchor, don't hate!
    Attached Images

What size anchor and why the hate? I think they look great on these boats. I plan to do the same but haven’t decided on Rocna or just a Delta plow. It seems my danforth just doesn’t set well up north.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Black boatlife was the standard years ago. I've seen all kinds of stuff used lately including sharpies. Don't do it. I'd use the black boatlife. It worked well for generations. Since we don't see too much natural teak in Florida I haven't thought about this for a long time
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If you decide on a Rocna, be aware that a 55kg Vulcan fits our pulpits just fine. And it will hold you just fine too.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

It's a 60 kg swivel plow.

I’ve wondered are some brands of swivel better than others? I like the idea but it has always seemed like a weak point to me.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI