Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shower pump

Re: Shower pump

Quote Originally Posted by Flymitch View Post
    Still looking for recommendations on a liquid drain cleaner that won’t hurt the pipes.
    The store brands just don't work.
    We use The real Drain-O Gel.
    Hours after last use, pour a half bottle down the drain. 1 or 2 hours later, pour the rest.
    Another hour later, flush with hot water.
    Never a problem with float switches or pumps.

Another shout out for Ultra pump switches.

They rule. So to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Another shout out for Ultra pump switches.

They rule. So to speak.
    I bought 5 of those for all the bilge pumps. ($$) However, I was worried the little holes in the "jr" version might get clogged in the shower sump - with three long-haired girls. So, I'm putting a little SeaChoice junker in there that I found in a drawer in the galley. I'll be curious to see how long it keeps clicking.

You're right, they are not cheap, but the first one I ever bought, more than twenty years ago, is still operating perfectly.

Is there a way to consolidate all these sumps into one central sump ?

The 84 Lazzara i run has 8 or 9 of them incl shower sumps. Haven’t had to replace one yet and they re 12 years old

The last batch of rule switches I used was 4 years ago when I redid all the bilge pumps on my 53... already replaced one. I had one rule left over so I used it but after that it s all going to be ultra.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I replaced 4 of my 5 pump switches with Ultra. What I like about the Rule style switch is you just pull up on the paddle to check operation. How do you do it with an Ulta?
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

You turn the switch upside down- I think it's possible to do with a magnet, also. I think.

Yeah that s the only thing. You have to loosen the clamp and flip it upside down.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Once a year I flush out the drain hoses with the dockside water hose . Low areas in the drain hoses collect debris . I flush the hoses from the shower sump to overboard by turning off the shower sump pump circuit breaker and filling the shower sump completely full , then turn on the circuit breaker and the water hose at the same time ,this forces a lot of water though the overboard drain hose . Even with the water running wide open, the sump pump ( Rule 2000) will drain the sump .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL