Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Well I am finally a owner of a Hatteras

Get in line and don't jump the queue. This job, everyone wants to kill you.

These are some notes from one of my last Bahamas trips on Southern Pride. Full fuel, 12 scuba tanks, dingy on bow, chest freezer full of food, etc...

Fuel burn was measured from Fuel dock (topped tank) to fuel dock (topped tank). Usually chugged at about 8.5 kts (825 - 850 RPM)

236nm burning 180 gallons shallow water Tampa- Ft Pierce run through ditch, fifteen minutes @ 1900RPM run time x 2, 25 hrs generator

Quote Originally Posted by VieEnRose View Post
    What's the fuel burn at cruise and hull speed with those Cats? Where was it listed? I must have missed this one.
    I have some #s, but I will confirm soon. I am hearing that she might run about 20mph at a little over 40gph. To my knowledge she has never been listed.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by GCSI View Post
    These are some notes from one of my last Bahamas trips on Southern Pride. Full fuel, 12 scuba tanks, dingy on bow, chest freezer full of food, etc...Fuel burn was measured from Fuel dock (topped tank) to fuel dock (topped tank). Usually chugged at about 8.5 kts (825 - 850 RPM)236nm burning 180 gallons shallow water Tampa- Ft Pierce run through ditch, fifteen minutes @ 1900RPM run time x 2, 25 hrs generator
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Unless I've overlooked someone who's been shopping for a Hatteras, I believe every one has now got their boat. Have we left anyone out?
    Yep! Still looking LOL

Congratulations Eddie!

It looks beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Unless I've overlooked someone who's been shopping for a Hatteras, I believe every one has now got their boat. Have we left anyone out?
    Having been through multiple cycles of the boating marketplace now I expect the selling to start shortly.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Well, Bob, you have outlasted everyone, so you might as well buy a Hatteras, now. Whatever brass ring we have, you are the winner of it.

Congratulations! Another Hatteras on the Tennessee Rivers and Lakes! I'm bringing up a Meridian 58 about the same time (April 24th start) If you see Seneca, give me a shout!

Congratulations! I can still remember how happy we were when we first left the dock with our "Olde Hatt" the first time. Here is hoping you get as much enjoyment as we have.

Best wishes
    Jim