Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wanted, Vacuflush vacuum switch

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This is a bit of a long shot but I am looking for a Domestic Vacuflush "vacuum switch". If anyone has one that they are willing to sell please let me know. I am also interested in any new parts that people may want to sell (duck bills, toilet seals, bellows, valves).

I will also check out the web, but thought i would try here first.

Thanks

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377

Re: wanted, Vacuflush vacuum switch

wow, what friends!

I am still hoping to keep my first born as one day he may be worth more than the cost of a vacuflush vacuum switch. Anyone have the vacuum switch part that they are willing to sell at less than WM's crazy price?

Thanks
    Mark
    1989 40 DC, Hull #377

That's not a sentence that comes easy for me to say sometimes with their retail (retail +?) prices...

Try going to Marine Sanitation website...they seem to have them for a better price than West Marine.
    Cheers,
    Eric
    BREAKAWAY 1990 Hatteras 52CMY

Oh give me a break.
    Dometic does not give their stuff away.
    WM usually has it on the shelf.
    After shipping, it's going to be close in price no mater where you find a pennies cheaper unit.

What your asking; I'm a snail boter in disguise. Give me something..

Try Defenders. They usually beat WM by 20 - 30%. Or call Scott - he often has good deals on stuff.

Don't write off ebay either. I just bought a 4 pack of duckbills for less than $17. WM wants $49.99 for a 2 pack. Also got good prices on the O-rings and bellows pump on ebay.
    Last edited by Bob Bradley; 04-02-2021 at 10:42 PM.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Hello Mark, try Marine Outfitters in Kingston, I ordered some UV Sikaflex from them in November. After doing all the math they had a fair price and were very quick answering e mails. They have very good customer service. All the tubes they had were 30 days from expiry so they sent me what thay had at a discount and would take it back if it come out lumpy. I also had good dealings with a company in Victoria BC. Rotoan of something like that, worth a try. Both places had very fair shipping rates.

Walt Hoover

Wink Re: wanted, Vacuflush vacuum switch

$320 is indeed insane. Last one 1 bought 4 or 5 years ago was $130

There is a very good vacuflush dealer in FTL. They ship right away, great service and prices. Let me see...

Here you go. $139

https://www.environmentalmarine.com/...h-vgii-310540/
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    $320 is indeed insane. Last one 1 bought 4 or 5 years ago was $130

There is a very good vacuflush dealer in FTL. They ship right away, great service and prices. Let me see...

Here you go. $139

https://www.environmentalmarine.com/...h-vgii-310540/
    Those are great prices for Vacuflush parts! Thanks Pascal!
    Cheers,
    Eric
    BREAKAWAY 1990 Hatteras 52CMY

Hi Pascal,

Thanks, that is a great price. Interesting a chandlery in Montreal had the switch Kit for sale for $200 Canadian on their website but I could not order it on-line. I called them this morning to order it over the phone and they said they had none in stock and the new price was $350 Canadian. I asked if they would honor their price online and they replied that since it was not in stock they could not offer it to me at the "advertised price" of $200 Canadian. It is not worth the fight as they were not prepared to honor the price and my remedies would be long and eventually futile. I think I will go with your suggested company. It is still expensive ($240 Canadian) but less expensive than all the other options.

Appreciated,
    Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull#377