Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Installation of inside staircase to enclosed bridge on 60C Series 1

I came across a photo of a staircase in the salon to enclosed bridge on Series 1 60C. Here in the Northwest it’s nice to not have to be in the weather sometimes. Has anyone seen this or made this modification? Would love to hear from you if so.

Re: Installation of inside staircase to enclosed bridge on 60C Series 1

I looked at a 65c two years ago that had a spiral stair to the enclosed bridge. It was not done at the factory but the broker told me it was a 200,000.00 job. That sounds high but than again he had quite a few unlikable qualities so I'm sure BS could be included.

Walt Hoover

Re: Installation of inside staircase to enclosed bridge on 60C Series 1

I have seen this done in a 65C and yes 200k is total BS. I have a shipwright tell me it would be around $15-$20k. He is looking a partial spiral, similar to the way Ocean Yachts does in one of their boats. it would be nice to have the interior access to the Enclosed Bridge, especially in the Winter here in the Northwest. I know I saw a picture of it done on a 60C Series one and I am trying to see how they did it, so as not to start from scratch.