Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: paint recommendations for swim platform

Training and materials. That's a heck of a deal.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

[QUOTE=lake of the woods;392128]I have found a solution to my problem.

The marina where we have the boat on the hard for the winter (brrrrr) has a seperate company with a guy who does fiberglass repairs and painting. He can't paint my swim platform as he has a 3 month backlog of work but he has offered to provide me with professional advice and all the supplies I need to do the job myself using Awlgrip. He is just finished a job painting a sail boat and he has about 1/2 a gallon of Awlgrip "Oyster white" that is left over and he has all the other Awlgrip stuff needed to do the job (second part of the paint, reducer, filler, granules for the non-skid). he said that he will sell them to me and offer friendly advice to do the job (his shop is 100 yards from my boat). It will cost me about $400 US for everything I will need to do the job. I consider myself lucky. I will take pictures of my efforts and post. I should have it done in about a month depending on weather (snow expected tonight, but high of 55 expected by this weekend).

In case things don't work out, here is another option:

I went to NAPA Auto Parts in Sudbury, Ontario with a paint sample and they mixed for me IMRON 3.5 HG Plus two-part polyurethane paint. It came out as an exact color match when I painted the side boards. It can be brushed or sprayed. It's a very tough paint and keeps its gloss.

You should have a NAPA up your way.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Gary, Thanks for the tip. Yes we have a NAPA here in Kenora but I have never seen paint in the store (besides spray bombs). But I will keep you suggestion in mind if my first option does not happen.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC, Hull # 377

Ours here has a section where they supply the local body shops with paint, so they're equipped to mix all kinds of paint.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"