Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Generator Oil Filter

I have a Northern Lights Luger M844LW2 generator that I am servicing. The owners manual list the correct filter as a NL-24-03100. I have discovered that the new number is NL-24-02002 but at the moment neither of these filters are available. There are a number of other filters that come up when doing a cross reference and I have ordered and received 4 of them. All of these fit the 3/4"-16 threaded stud but they all have a smaller diameter rubber gasket that does not cover the orifices in the block. Last night I did find and purchased a fifth, NAPA Gold 1512 filter that looks like it will fit. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Guy

Re: Generator Oil Filter

You need the NAPA 3949 oil filter. the 1307 is cheaper and should work also.
    Wix 51307.

Fuel filter NAPA 3386.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 10-13-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks Captain Ralph.

NAPA filters are made by Wix, I believe. At least the local NAPA guy says so. Never a problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    NAPA filters are made by Wix, I believe. At least the local NAPA guy says so. Never a problem with them.
    Correct, notice the similar number to the Wix & my second NAPA choice.