Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Asking the experts!

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Nope but she looks great in the photos!
    The only one I have been on that was better in person than the photos.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Personally having had a boat with galley down, i have two words: NEVER AGAIN

That’s why I did all the work to move the galley up in my 53!!
    I have wondered if that would be possible, like on a 58'
    How did that conversion go?

I am in Michigan. about 45 minutes from both Port Huron and Lake St. Clair
    In Romeo, to be exact.

Pascal, I agree, esp on the AC units. Every year I think she'll finally give up- and she doesn't. Amazing. That unit certainly owes me nothing.

Looks interesting and fairly well kept from afar. Priced high even with a 2021 recreational bump.

If you cringe on dropping 20K a year in upkeep and 50-100 in upgrades and repairs in the next year or two, make sure you know that it takes to stay onto of a 60' boat. Yes yes, they are guys who keep their boat nice doing most of their own work but it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Anyone note the headliner in the aft?
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Quote Originally Posted by metama View Post
    Looks interesting and fairly well kept from afar. Priced high even with a 2021 recreational bump.

If you cringe on dropping 20K a year in upkeep and 50-100 in upgrades and repairs in the next year or two, make sure you know that it takes to stay onto of a 60' boat. Yes yes, they are guys who keep their boat nice doing most of their own work but it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Anyone note the headliner in the aft?
    He replaced the entire headliner, new Ostrich skin in front bunk. Maybe the headliner is Ostrich, I don't remember the conversation, only that it was something on the order $27k or some crazy amount.

A friend, who owned many boats in his life, told me that boats cost 10% of what you pay for them annually, and less if you value your time at zero. The cost goes up if you actually go somewhere. That math for older boats seems fair, excluding upgrades.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Looks like a Earl Shieb paint job! Run!!!
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    I have wondered if that would be possible, like on a 58'
    How did that conversion go?
    The 58s have the galley forward, I built mine aft next to aft deck. May not be for everyone but I love it. We love cooking so it s nice to be up with a view. As a result the salon is smaller but it works. I have a L shape couch that’s big enough for 2 or 3 and a high low table that can seat 5 to 6 if it s too hot outside.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    The 58s have the galley forward, I built mine aft next to aft deck. May not be for everyone but I love it. We love cooking so it s nice to be up with a view. As a result the salon is smaller but it works. I have a L shape couch that’s big enough for 2 or 3 and a high low table that can seat 5 to 6 if it s too hot outside.
    That sounds pretty cool!