Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Diesel prices, what are you seeing? Predictions?

Agree that Fuel cost is the least on our concerns. Back of the envelope boat cost for last year:

Maintenance: 18,000
    Slip fees: $15,000
    Insurance: $8500
    Fuel: $2500

Now fuel last year was unusually low due to COVID. No Bahamas, spent 2 months in the Keys. But double it and it's still the least of my concerns.

My full tuna is tall enough to hang a mainsail off the back and a spinnaker toward the bow.

The economy isn't hot enough to send oil to $80+. If the price gets way up there, it's from foreign unrest (now that we're becoming dependent again) or some kind of absolutely stupid green legislation. Unfortunately, both are possible and increasingly likely.
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 04-05-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Not sure about other locales.... but here in CT and RI, the disincentive for marinas that don't sell fuel having trucks fuel from their dock or property is the potential environmental impact if there is an unfortunate incident/accident... at least that's what I've been told by more than one marina owner.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL