Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Diesel prices, what are you seeing? Predictions?

Just noticed the other day $3.29 for diesel at the gas station, (not a dock) In my area, the docks aren't open yet, I called one and they couldn't tell me what prices will be.

Don't dock prices usually end up about $1 more per gallon?

I'm up in the Lake St. Clair, lake Huron area, and at the end of last year the prices were $2.65 at the best priced dock (Up in Port Huron at the the bottom of Lake Huron) and $2.85 at a dock on Lake St. Clair (Macrays)

What are you all seeing? I'm guessing with the pipeline shut down and other Green programs on the Green agenda, that the trend will be only up! I'm considering a 53' with 8-71 naturals, a 60 and two 67's with 12v71 Turbos, so there is that..... I'm sure I'll keep things to hull speed for the most part but the larger boats with larger engines I'm guessing will still use what maybe 30% more fuel at hull speed roughly?

Re: Diesel prices, what are you seeing? Predictions?

Florida Gulf Coast ranges from about $2.10 in St Marks to $4 elsewhere. Bell curve is between $280 and $3.40.

Looks like high volume places have the highest prices so the mic $3 will soon be the average.

Crude oil cratered a year ago during lockdown. Reduced production followed then the blizzard took everything offline last month. So I think this will be the new normal for summer.

https://www.waterwayguide.com/fuel-price-report/10

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 MY with ext)
    Tampa

The cruisers in our marina got together and had a truck make a dock delivery @ $2.49 a gallon last week here in Marathon. I took 600 and IIRC we emptied a 3000gal truck.

My prediction is that the next tank full in the Bahamas is going to be at least twice as much!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Going up

2.20 at the barge back in January, 2.61 two weeks ago

Nassau was 3.86 last week... alway a dollars higher. Just left Staniel, didn’t check the price but has to be about 4.30/4.40

I m guessing at least a dollar above last year everywhere within a few months.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

$3.89 at my marine in Stockton California. Regular gas at $4.89
    Diesel will hit $5 per gallon her by summer.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Interesting read. There is an unprecedented glut of idle supertankers out there, but no rush to the breakers.

https://gcaptain.com/supertankers-lo...vaccine-trade/
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Unless you're motoring off into the sunset - if you're doing this yachting thing right you're probably going to spend more $$ on food and beverage than fuel. As always, YMMV.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Fuel is the smallest part of what I spend to have a boat. Mind you, I don't do enough boating.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Crude oil cratered a year ago during lockdown. Reduced production followed then the blizzard took everything offline last month. So I think this will be the new normal for summer.
    This. Haven't seen waterfront prices yet. I was just under $2 last fall..... On the road I am seeing $2.60 -ish with fleet pricing.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

We just did the run from Florida to NC.
    Florida, SC, NC your luck to find 2.60ish. 3.40 all over the place.
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ