Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Check out this asking price

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Saw a 53 MY in Long Beach Ca. That looked super nice in the photos. It was listed at $275,000. It wasn’t listed long and already has a sale pending so it must be selling close to that price.
    Good Hatts on the West Coast are hard to find and sell quickly when the price is right.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Nice job on the refit.Not a crazy asking price given that if you started with an older original boat and added all the work they did, you would end up real close to what they are asking or probably more. Only for someone who doesn't want the agro of a complete refit you can pay up and drive away.

Looks like they removed the air con. Is that common in the PNW? Doesn’t it get hot in summer ?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Looks like they removed the air con. Is that common in the PNW? Doesn’t it get hot in summer ?
    Only when it's not raining. Usually August 25th. The hydronic heater is to them what a chiller is in SE Florida.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Common for Southern California also. After reading the thousands of threads on AC maintenance and replacement, I removed all of mine and have not missed them once since I bought the boat and the wife likes all the added storage.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.