Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: What do you guys think of this 1988 67' Hatt?

Check Frank Gordon Yacht sales .

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Check Frank Gordon Yacht sales .
    Thanks...that is a nice one. I prefer the original wood interior on the one in Galveston but the one FG has certainly has it's merits too with new paint and more...trade-offs always make decisions more difficult.

Decisions, decisions ! Although the repaint is a compelling reason . It is $$ to paint a yacht .

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Decisions, decisions ! Although the repaint is a compelling reason . It is $$ to paint a yacht .
    The real issue is; I like the boat overall but do I want a project boat and refit it to what I really want for the next 10 years or; do I simply spend more upfront and get something newer with less work?
    I have been there done that as far as projects...love it but sometimes say enough...sometimes I want more time with my kids to enjoy simply using the boat.
    Don't get me wrong...I am, fit, healthy (knock on wood) handy right down to spray painting and love the work and the day to day maintenance. Any day on the boat...even if its out of the water is a better day than anywhere else.
    But at 62 now...I am not like I was in my 40's.

Decisions, decisions...

Problem is...I don't really like the newer boats.
    Last edited by CanadianBoater; 06-02-2021 at 01:53 PM.

DITTO that .

I spoke to the broker on this one and he’s a nice guy. He was upfront that the paint is marginal at best, some stuff doesn’t work (the davit I remember being one item because I made fun of him for how the tender doesn’t convey but he didn’t want to fix the davit, so pulling that off should be a fun one to watch), it needs turbos… his guesstimate was $120-150k to get it back in shape. This is one where he was pretty upfront there is a big disparity between the pics and real life.