Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1965 Hatteras Yacht Fisher

Hi all,

New to this forum. My wife and I have a 1965 Hatteras under contract which looks like a Yacht Fisher. The DD have been majored, new plumbing, electrical new paint. We are pretty excited. Last thing is a sea trial. Looking forward to participating in your forum. Where would I find the hull number? Thanks, Karl

Re: 1965 Hatteras Yacht Fisher

Welcome aboard! Pictures please! I found my hull number on a red plaque in the engine room. I have heard, and someone will confirm or deny that here, that you'll find it on cabinetry, like the bottom of drawers etc.... I have not seen that myself.
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I’m not sure if Hatteras was stamping the hull number on the transom in 1965 but you might check on the starboard side near the top of the hull. Welcome to the forum, tons of great people willing to help.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The yachtfish was produced through 63. A 65 would be a 41c series 1. Send pics to be sure.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

HIN numbers did not come about until 1972 (I think). Before that you might have a build number but not an official HIN.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

if it is documented, run the number and it may have the hull number in the specs, if not, call hatteras with a serial number from something original, they can cross reference it back to your hull number. this is what i had to do
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

After 1972, here is what Sam's says:

http://www.samsmarine.com/hull-id-information/
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

My boat, built in 1970 or 71, had a bronze tag with the HIN, attached to the transom. Fortunately I found it before it fell off, and relocated it inside the boat. It's possible the OP is looking for that, and it may be inside somewhere if someone decided (as I did) that the location screwed to the transom wasn't secure enough.

Welcome aboard, they are wonderful boats. And there's a ton of good information here for you.

The boat is named Southerly. I can't post links until I have 5 posts so the will be coming. The boat is in League City TX.

She is a 1965 50' MY with a cockpit. O/N is 907573. If you run an abstract of title it may have info you're looking for.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"