Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Battery Switch Box

First. I must say, the ONLY thing I hate about my 32FB is the box that contains the battery switches for the house battery and engines. For the life of me i do not understand why Hatteras wired these up in the lowest and wettest location in the bilge. I guess thats the price i pay for stopping at 32ft and not going larger!😁. Wish I had an option to relocate. This will be the second time I rebuilt the box because of corrosion

Anyhow. The question. Anyone have a good source for the switches? I need to replace them this time. Obe of them dont shut power off to the engines as it should. I could not even see a part number on them probably original

Jack

Re: Battery Switch Box

Blue Seas used to make these- I have some on my boat and they've held up well. See if they still build them.

Any way to move the box? Might help.

Jim. Not much room to relocate. The few extra feet you have makes a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
    First. I must say, the ONLY thing I hate about my 32FB is the box that contains the battery switches for the house battery and engines. For the life of me i do not understand why Hatteras wired these up in the lowest and wettest location in the bilge. I guess thats the price i pay for stopping at 32ft and not going larger!. Wish I had an option to relocate. This will be the second time I rebuilt the box because of corrosion

Anyhow. The question. Anyone have a good source for the switches? I need to replace them this time. Obe of them dont shut power off to the engines as it should. I could not even see a part number on them probably original

Jack
    Do you have a pic of the battery switches? I am changing mine out and the old ones are fine, I just wanted to replace it all. Mine were not in a spot where they got wet, etc.

I'll post a pic too if I get to it first.

Edit, these are mine:

085597AB-A2B5-4E70-B19C-CB50F4659D5C.jpg75E5A487-0A7F-4E97-866C-8DF9392A5F65.jpg
    Last edited by brettportzer; 03-07-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

I dont have a picture sorry. I ended up purchasing switches. Turns out i solved a second more important problem to deal with at the same time so it was worth buying the switches. End of last season my Stbd engine did not want to start as the travel lift guy was waiting to pull me out of the water. Had to get to the lift on one engine. Determined after looking the engine over that the plunger on the fuel cutoff solenoid was not moving and the voltage drop was to six volts with brand new 8ds. Replaced battery switch and voltage drop improved to 10v while cranking (normal) and plunger moved allowing engine to start!! Cheaper than buying a starter and all is well! The guest switch had a bad spot in it that led to such a voltage drop the fuel cutoff solenoid plunger could not actuate to let fuel in

Now all i have to do is service the aftercoolers and we are ready for the season. Bottom is sanded and painted and hull is waxed. Shes lookin good but my back and arms are shot