Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Onan MDJF 15 KW, 32 Volt can't find parts, looking for alternatives.

I am having trouble finding parts for my old Onan, in particular the centrifugal engine stop switch.

Has anyone used a simpler method of engine protection?

Could I use the oil pressure and temp senders to control the stop solenoid directly with a bypass for start up?

Re: Onan MDJF 15 KW, 32 Volt can't find parts, looking for alternatives.

My Onan may be on it's way out of the boat.

Before that I put in a new 32V solinod, found out it was hot-wired, Fixed the Hotwire with the correct relays (hard to track down).

Let me know what you need, I may be pulling the geni out in 2 weeks.

You only have a few sensors. You can make a safety switch on your own or corrected the current ones. Hard to find the info, not hard to fix.
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Thank you Metama, I would like to get the centrifugal switch assembly if possible. Curious to know what you are going to replace it with?

I have a 6KW Phasor as well and am considering a bigger inverter {currently 3000w} and lots of batteries plus solar panels and wind. but this probably wont run the air conditioning,Providence air.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Bah View Post
    am considering a bigger inverter {currently 3000w} and lots of batteries plus solar panels and wind. but this probably wont run the air conditioning,
    Look at the Magnum MS4024PAE or MS4048PAE. True 240Vac with a built in auto transformer to help balance 120Vac loads.
    It will run one A/C and one small water pump at night or while underway with a charging alternator on line.