Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

Actually, it says a walk thru survey...

"THE BOAT IS BEING SOLD AS-IS WHERE-IS. NO SEA TRIAL AND ONLY A WALK-THRU SURVEY BEING ALLOWED"

Which is pretty much all a survey is, minus the haul out and sea trial.

Just saying. It is scary to me also. And ugly.
    Last edited by Photolomy; 03-08-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Wink Re: Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    Actually, it says a walk thru survey...

"THE BOAT IS BEING SOLD AS-IS WHERE-IS. NO SEA TRIAL AND ONLY A WALK-THRU SURVEY BEING ALLOWED"

Which is pretty much all a survey is, minus the haul out and sea trial.

Just saying. It is scary to me also. And ugly.
    Yeah, I didn't think about that, I guess you could still have a surveyor come in and do the walk through with you, check moisture content on decks etc.

That way when it sinks from the hole in the bottom you can be confident you did your due diligence and made sure the important top side was O.K., and since you won't have insurance.....

Re: Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

Now the listing says non refundable 10% deposit (or maybe I didn't see that it said that before) but other stuff did change for sure in the listing, so I think that is new too. So they want to make money just to show the boat.

Finally just told the broker I'm scared off, and let me know if they happen to change there mind about the non refundable deposit and no survey. Maybe after it sit's and rots for another year or two they will change their mind. Would be a fun project but WTF.

Pshhhh whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    There is a food chain "inside". Pedos are at the bottom and reviled by all. Generally there is a multi lifer with no hope of parole that has some "fun" with them. I remember a priest in Mass that "slid in the shower" within two months. If they don't do him in he will be tossing a lot of salads.
    Prison Tossed salad, geezzz...thanks for making me google that. Something I did not need to know. Yep he deserves that if guilty and worse.