Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...yacht-3606749/

Its listed at $250k, 85 foot 650 hours on motors.

No survey allowed. Only walk through after accepted offer and down payment.

Broker says owner is in poor health and can't manage sale and can't finish the restoration. Somehow this equates to they only want a no survey sale, which I assume means cash only. (doesn't make any sense to me)

Very odd, it makes me think they are hiding something.

Does anyone have any inside information on this Hat?

It was just relisted with the name blocked out.
    The name on the previous listing is MAC II

Re: Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

I'm scratching my head on this one. I saw it on Yachtworld on the previous listing, but honestly it was so far out of my price range I didn't do anymore than just a quick look. With that listing I bet it sits for a LONG time, even if mechanically she's sound.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Re: Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

That is a Hatteras of Liquordale conversion. We are still managing a similar build.
    It is a solid boat in any seas.
    Sadly, to much black in trim but looks dam cool.

Price is fair for to start dealing. When all is finished, she may be worth $250K.
    Just grab a bunch of knowledgeable guys, all with cameras and inspect the boat. After the pow wow with the surveyor and studying the 1000 plus pictures, you may find a deal worth some lower offers.
    I say she will sell at $200k, Start offering at $180K as is.

Remember, insuring old & over 20 meters is going to get rough this year and harder next.
    Budget your selves accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    That is a Hatteras of Liquordale conversion. We are still managing a similar build.
    It is a solid boat in any seas.
    Sadly, to much black in trim but looks dam cool.

Price is fair for to start dealing. When all is finished, she may be worth $250K.
    Just grab a bunch of knowledgeable guys, all with cameras and inspect the boat. After the pow wow with the surveyor and studying the 1000 plus pictures, you may find a deal worth some lower offers.
    I say she will sell at $200k, Start offering at $180K as is.

Remember, insuring old & over 20 meters is going to get rough this year and harder next.
    They wont even let it be surveyed, wont even let anyone on the boat without a signed deal, they said the deal can be subject to a walk through, but that won't tell you anything about the hull, motors etc. This would be a big risk, but I tend to like risk, or at least be attracted to the risk LOL.

Have you been on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    That is a <em>Hatteras of Liquordale</em> conversion. We are still managing a similar build.<br>
    It is a solid boat in any seas.<br>
    Sadly, to much black in trim but looks dam cool.<br>
    <br>
    Price is fair for to start dealing. When all is finished, she may be worth $250K. <br>
    Just grab a bunch of knowledgeable guys, all with cameras and inspect the boat. After the pow wow with the surveyor and studying the 1000 plus pictures, you may find a deal worth some lower offers.<br>
    I say she will sell at $200k, Start offering at $180K as is.<br>
    <br>
    Remember, insuring old &amp; over 20 meters is going to get rough this year and harder next.<br>
    They wont even let it be surveyed, wont even let anyone on the boat without a signed deal, they said the deal can be subject to a walk through, but that won't tell you anything about the hull, motors etc.
    This would be a big risk, but I tend to like risk, or at least be attracted to the risk LOL.

It would have to be a cash offer, based on no survey, I don't think any bank is going to loan money on a non-surveyed boat, so for me anything more than about 1/4 of asking price would be out of the question....

Why would insuring be difficult on boats over 20 meters?

Any thoughts why in the world they wouldn't allow a survey?

They wont even let it be surveyed, wont even let anyone on the boat without a signed deal, they said the deal can be subject to a walk through, but that won't tell you anything about the hull, motors etc.

This would be a big risk, but I tend to like risk, or at least be attracted to the risk LOL.

It would have to be a cash offer, based on no survey, I don't think any bank is going to loan money on a non-surveyed boat, so for me anything more than about 1/4 of asking price would be out of the question....

Why would insuring be difficult on boats over 20 meters?

Any thoughts on why they would not allow a survey?

That thing is hideous.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    That thing is hideous.
    Yes, but nice paint

9. Re: Very odd but interesting Hatteras, does anyone have any inside info on this?

Not even for free.

Aside from the aesthetics the attitude of the seller(s)/broker screams RUN AWAY.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay