Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Re: My 1st Hatt - 1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Is it possible to remove the wind screen all together? I was following the refit of a 40 something foot MY, on Instagram called "thelanding_", and thats what he did. Removed it completely, painted, and then had the new enclosure glass fitted right to the brow.

Looks really sharp and clean. Like all the new SF yachts come now.

Here's some pics from their account.
    What is their Instagram?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Painted them in place. I had a guy working for me that was a good cut in man and I don't think he even masked much off. I repainted the bridge after that and masked the seam where the frames met the fiberglass but it didn't matter much at that point since the paint matched. I suppose you could mask and spray but we just used awl grip with the brush additive. It doesn't look like a new powder coat job would but it suits my needs
    Alright, I'll give it a shot. The inside doesn't seem like it would be too bad, after I take all those L-brackets off. The outside will involve a ladder and some patience...and a hat.
    My big electronics box is a little pitted as well, and for the same reason - stainless screws put into an aluminum object. I'll figure it out on the windows so the box will be done nicely.

With the market crapping-out and a recession approaching, I'm thinking more fondly of D-I-Y and less of calling someone to take it away for refinishing.
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 05-09-2022 at 09:59 PM.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    What is their Instagram?
    https://www.instagram.com/thelanding_/?hl=en

Pretty much doing what I've been trying to talk my wife into. His wife said yes, mine told me to pound salt....

I just remembered where I saw a custom frameless windshield on a 52C. Whomever bought the Reel Lucky was really lucky...nice boat.

https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/ya...lorida/7158606

Anyone know this owner? Boat says Naples FL but the old ad says West Palm. Windshield looks nice.
    1984 52C

Stuart plastics in Stuart Fla makes these windshields if you want to go that route. Does instrument panels and engraving also.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Stuart plastics in Stuart Fla makes these windshields if you want to go that route. Does instrument panels and engraving also.
    Thanks, I didn't know that firm.

Every restoration needs one new feature - a capstone. I'll decide where to spend that $$ this Fall...depends if I need to repaint her or not.
    1984 52C

He did a custom panel for my 23 Dusky and windshield for my Whaler. Husband and wife deal nice people
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    I just remembered where I saw a custom frameless windshield on a 52C. Whomever bought the Reel Lucky was really lucky...nice boat.https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/ya...lorida/7158606Anyone know this owner? Boat says Naples FL but the old ad says West Palm. Windshield looks nice.
    I looked at the boat early on and she was very clean. This was pre-covid and pre-boat value increases. The owner was very actively fishing her out of West Palm with his son. They were going to go to an open or CC platform, I was told. I couldn't bring myself to spend 200k at that moment. Boat was listed with two different brokers during this time. I contracted on my current boat and then bailed after survey. I flew back to West Palm and offered the full asking price, but I was told the boat was coming off the market and owner had decided to keep her. I ended up recontracting on my boat after a coring deck repair around the windless.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    Interesting. They're cornering the market. No wonder my puny 8k system in the boat costs as much as a 4 ton system in my house!

It's look like things are starting to work-out.

Attachment 48582
    Dometic stock really dropped as the COVID new boat craze wanes. You'd think prices would start coming-down a bit, but it doesn't seem to be happening in any industry.

dom.jpg
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I looked at the boat early on and she was very clean. This was pre-covid and pre-boat value increases. The owner was very actively fishing her out of West Palm with his son. They were going to go to an open or CC platform, I was told. I couldn't bring myself to spend 200k at that moment. Boat was listed with two different brokers during this time. I contracted on my current boat and then bailed after survey. I flew back to West Palm and offered the full asking price, but I was told the boat was coming off the market and owner had decided to keep her. I ended up recontracting on my boat after a coring deck repair around the windless.
    That's good discipline in your dealing. Holding out until those core repairs were made is excellent. I'd probably have gotten excited about the boat and moved ahead knowing it would be a big job to fix that.

You're Gulf fishing her, right? We're going to be fishing her this summer and I'm starting to think about a live well. The one in floor is too dangerous - because I'll forget and fall in. So, I'm thinking about a 30-50 gallon removable tank in the back corner opposite the cockpit door.

Wherever I put it, I'm pretty sure I'll use the thru-hull and line from the watermaker...which is off the boat. I guess I can just run the overflow into the scupper?

Anyway, any pics and suggestions for a simple livewell setup would be really appreciated.
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 05-16-2022 at 09:27 PM.
    1984 52C