Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Re: My 1st Hatt - 1984 52C

My Boat is a family cruiser in Tennessee. We do plan to winter in Florida in about 5 years.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    Dometic stock really dropped as the COVID new boat craze wanes. You'd think prices would start coming-down a bit, but it doesn't seem to be happening in any industry.

Attachment 59055
    Nonessential items will ultimately crash in any financial crisis the reality hasn’t hit yet but it will. Priced have only been supported by low interest rates. That’s over now.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Hey, that reminds me: Where did y'all get a good steering wheel cap? 2.25" I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I am curious as well. Mine came apart when I removed the wheel to service the helm. I cant remember what I miked the hole but it was a bit over 2". I never found anything on Sams and keep forgetting to call them

I was going over the boat today making a list of all the storm-affected items for the adjuster. It appears the storm blew-away my steering wheel cap! (wink wink)

Did anyone ever find a source for the 2 1/4" cap on convertibles?? I recall calling Sams long ago without success for that part. I've scoured the internet and all are 2" or 2.5". I tried whittling-down a 2.5" and it was a mess...and that nut sticking-up in the middle gets in the way.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Never found them here. I was going to try and adapt something but it sort of fell off the list

Would be pretty easy to design and 3d print new caps, anybody have a pic of an original cap (mine is missing too). Could do hatteras logo or something in the middle too.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Would be pretty easy to design and 3d print new caps, anybody have a pic of an original cap (mine is missing too). Could do hatteras logo or something in the middle too.
    That'd be sweet...especially with a "52C" centered on it.

Been meaning to buy a 3D printer for the kids, so I could play with it.
    1984 52C

That'd be sweet...especially with a "52C" centered on it.

Been meaning to buy a 3D printer for the kids, so I could play with it.
    I have a friend 3D printing a set of Chris-Craft center caps that I promised to another Commander owner. It has been problematic, as the surface finish is poor. Even cleaning up the model and changing the slicing software couldn't clean up the surface finish enough that it is acceptable without secondary operations. My friend is likely going to hit them with multiple coats of high build primer, sand smooth and paint them gloss black.
    Warren
    1973 Chris-Craft 47 Commander
    1994 Sea Ray Laguna 16SC
    (wannabe Hatteras owner)

Quote Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
    I have a friend 3D printing a set of Chris-Craft center caps that I promised to another Commander owner. It has been problematic, as the surface finish is poor. Even cleaning up the model and changing the slicing software couldn't clean up the surface finish enough that it is acceptable without secondary operations. My friend is likely going to hit them with multiple coats of high build primer, sand smooth and paint them gloss black.
    I would think CNC machining something out of plastic, wood or metal would be good, but who has one of those machines sitting around!
    The best thing about 3D is it's pretty cheap and one can do it himself on a laptop...but would certainly have to be well painted up there in the Sun.
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
    We have resin printers, so the part (even debossed words/logos) comes out flawless to 2microns, no layer lines like a filament printer. I'd still want to sand/paint. Hatteras white with navy blue gel paint (or whatever the boat accent color) in the debossed logo/font would look nice.

I'll take some dimension next time I'm at the boat and throw something together.

If you have the stl file for the commander project we could print one out for you, unfinished cost would only be $30-$40ish printed in resin.
    Last edited by rustybucket; 10-17-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

rustybucket,

I will take you up on that offer! I think two pieces. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you the stl file.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    We have resin printers, so the part (even debossed words/logos) comes out flawless to 2microns, no layer lines like a filament printer. I'd still want to sand/paint. Hatteras white with navy blue gel paint (or whatever the boat accent color) in the debossed logo/font would look nice.

I'll take some dimension next time I'm at the boat and throw something together.

If you have the stl file for the commander project we could print one out for you, unfinished cost would only be $30-$40ish printed in resin.
    Warren
    1973 Chris-Craft 47 Commander
    1994 Sea Ray Laguna 16SC
    (wannabe Hatteras owner)