Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Re: My 1st Hatt - 1984 52C

I think Cap'n Clarkson might be onto something - must be missing a switch somewhere or a loose wire. Those motors (at least one of em) would make a noise or something if they were getting power.

I'll crawl around in the bilge tonight with my meter. In the meantime, in the office I'm reading the manual and it says there's "toilet system switch in its respective head."

ManualHead1.jpg ManualHead2.jpg

A second switch for the pump?? Where!? Or does that just mean the button I press to flush while the panel switch in the ER is on?

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Juice, are those Slane vents? If so, don't get rid of them. They aren't made any more and they are the best thing out there.
    Peeked pre-sunrise this morning when I couldn't see that well, but I could not see a name or branding mark anywhere on them. The seller said "I might have gotten those from Sam's..." So, that was my assumption but, I don't know.

I'll be buying thousands of $$s of stuff from Sam's over the next year. So, I figured I'd work something out if I refuse the major surgery of installing them.

Ah, I see. So, the panel used to have a separate pull switch to turn on the toilet pump...back when it had a foot pedal flush or something. Now, it has the push button in that spot.

I'll just have to follow the wires tonight and figure it out.
    I sure appreciate everybody's input.

Toilet pull switch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jason.erbecker View Post
    The Slane vents are still being made/available. Broadus Rose at Lookout Boat Window Frames bought the molds. He is making me a vent for my 46C right now. A nice gentlemen with a good reputation. His number is 252-499-9152.
    Didn't know that, and thanks for posting. Good news. They are very well made and do a great job.

The picture of the manual you are using is for vacuflush heads . The head pumps you pictured is GalleyMaid .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I think I have all my books here so I’ll go thru them after dinner. My breakers for the heads are in the port ER and another dc panel in stbd ER for electronics etc. you have a lot of batteries so I assume they are 4V, I have 4 for each side and one 12v for gen and a few step down converters to run every thing else 12v.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

I looked thru my galleymaid manual and it’s really not much. It does show a 2A fuse on the battery neg wire at the solenoid. I would chase down the volts with a meter or test light.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

8. Re: My 1st Hatt - 1984 52C

It appears that two cylinders have fallen off of your 5.9 Cummins powered genset!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    The picture of the manual you are using is for vacuflush heads . The head pumps you pictured is GalleyMaid .
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    I looked thru my galleymaid manual and it’s really not much. It does show a 2A fuse on the battery neg wire at the solenoid. I would chase down the volts with a meter or test light.
    Dear Lord - I guess I didn't even stop to realize those things aren't original. They look so original!

Thanks to everyone for your input. This is one with no shortcuts. I'll just have to start on one end with the tester and work my way back. It's a mystery!

I was mostly concerned that, since that BOTH won't show any life, there might be some float shut-off in the tank or some other safety mechanism keeping them from running. We shall see......

Today's happy lesson: If the 20kw genny turns over easily but won't run, check to see if the oil pressure switch is stuck.

I checked everything possibly possible, for two hours, before I checked that!

As for the heads, they're just fused. I had the wife press the button while I smacked the pump (and everything) with a hammer. The only thing that happened was a small line of smoke started coming from a screw on top of the motor.
    So, I'm not going to mess with it. The only decision to make is whether to get two rebuilt pump/motor set-ups from Raz, or just buy new toilets with pumps for not that much more money.