Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Re: My 1st Hatt - 1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    Man, that blue fabric on the valence is reallllly nice! Also really liked what you covered the front window panels with. Go to the Sailrite website. They have these little clips that are perfect for holding those panels up. They are snaps, and really secure. Also it’s a great website for all kinds of soft goods. Speaking of that, I hope that blue fabric is indoor/outdoor fabric or you won’t get but a couple of seasons out of it. You won’t believe how fabric fades even though it’s inside the boat!
    Thanks!! That's just the time-saving tip I was looking for...will order those clips right away. But which clip??? https://www.sailrite.com/All-Hardwar...tem_popularity

I went on Etsy.com and just searched "vinyl fabric blue gold" and couldn't believe the selection. Everything is vinyl so it can just be wiped-off. I got the white version of that quilted diamond fabric to cover the big wall mirror in the master stateroom. That should really lighten it up.

But damn - I was afraid y'all would prefer the fabric to my mahogany veneer!

Edit: This must be them....look perfect for the job. BUT, it appears I'd have to make a hole? Hope I don't drill through the other side. https://www.sailrite.com/BeauClip-Pa...g-System-Black
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 04-13-2021 at 09:45 PM.

I perfer the wood to the fabric since you went to the work of repairing them. Im a wood guy and all of yours look really nice.

Walt Hoover

The little gizmo is a sensor for one of those weather stations, it looked familar because i had one here at my home. Very handy when needing to know how long to warm my truck up on those Januaury mornings.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    I perfer the wood to the fabric since you went to the work of repairing them. Im a wood guy and all of yours look really nice.

Walt Hoover
    You're a good man.

We all know my wife is gonna force me to do the damned fabric. So, I just appreciate the sentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    The little gizmo is a sensor for one of those weather stations, it looked familar because i had one here at my home. Very handy when needing to know how long to warm my truck up on those Januaury mornings.

Walt Hoover
    A-ha! Yep, there was a weather station clock on the boat I took off during the big cleaning. I wondered why the damned thing didn't work - that must be the sensor which sends the clock data.

I was converting the nav lights over to 12v at the switch yesterday and tested the switch for the Ray-Line while at it. It's getting voltage but the switch is toast. That little resistor connecting the slow and fast power is rusted away.

A new switch is $250. It just so happens there's a used one on Ebay I just bought for 25 bucks! What are the odds it works? I'd guess about 8%...felt lucky.

s-l1600.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Chinaman got you 藍藍藍藍藍

You should have known better.

Look at mermaid manufacturing in Ft. Meyers . I've sold their products for years. A stand up veteran owned company.

I can get you a real unit if you need. Pm me
    Mermaid already gave me a quote for next unit, didn't realize they were vet owned. MarinAire was recommended to wife by someone she knows... Won't be buying from them again.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

What do you do when there are gaping holes to fill? (careful)
    There was a giant stereo system in this one. I can still hear Frampton Comes Alive oozing from the components.
    I already have a big ice maker and full reefer. The edge moldings don't even match and it's hideous. I really don't need a drink fridge...might have to get one just to fill the hole.

20210420_192047.jpg

Then there's that other cabinet which held an ancient tv with built-in VCR. I've got so much other shit to do. Wouldn't it be great to find a cabinet door that size?

20210420_192118.jpg Sorry I don't know how to flip the pics.

Mystery solved. There's a single, big ol D 12v battery sitting in the way of the steering pressure cannister and the genny. Since day 1, I've wondered "why??"

Well, I finally traced the wires on Sunday and found out that big battery was only wired to a cigarette lighter on the bridge, one big cockpit light mounted on the bridge (the cheap black kind that belongs on an old truck) and another cigarette lighter mounted in the box with the cockpit controls. That's it!
    I'll rip that junk out next weekend and give the battery to my buddy for his trolling motor.

20210420_191748.jpg

Worthless weight. (I'll resist a wife joke here)
    20210420_191800.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    What do you do when there are gaping holes to fill? (careful)
    There was a giant stereo system in this one. I can still hear Frampton Comes Alive oozing from the components.
    I already have a big ice maker and full reefer. The edge moldings don't even match and it's hideous. I really don't need a drink fridge...might have to get one just to fill the hole.

Attachment 49221

Then there's that other cabinet which held an ancient tv with built-in VCR. I've got so much other shit to do. Wouldn't it be great to find a cabinet door that size?

Attachment 49222 Sorry I don't know how to flip the pics.
    Wine chiller?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375