Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

sliding window seals & gaskets

The feathered/felt seals around the sliding plate glass windows to the salon and aft deck are shot. Does anyone have experience changing these seals and any tips, tricks or pointers on this subject or am I better off finding a glass guy that has done it before?

Re: sliding window seals & gaskets

there are a number of threads on this subject on this forum including mine. Sam's has the parts you need (felt weather stripping and plastic glides). They can even tell you how much you will need if you tell them what type of boat you have.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC

Re: sliding window seals & gaskets

Call Sams and get what you need. I have done this job several times. You must first remove the upper stop block so you can slide the windows to the center. Then lift up and tilt out at the bottom. You may need a bottle jack to jack the frame a little if they won't clear. Next start pulling out the fuzzies and bottom plastic strip. Small curved needle nose pliers and picks work best. Once its all out, the new stuff slides in pretty easily.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI