Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Red face Port Liability Insurance Recommendation, Please.

Hello to all! I am seeking port liability insurance for my 1965 Hatteras. Because of her age, it seems no one wants to offer insurance although this boat is in very nice condition. It stays in its slip all year since I cannot move it by myself. Therefore, as nice as she is, alas, she has become a Dock Queen! Any help is appreciated.

Thank You!

Re: Port Liability Insurance Recommendation, Please.

we use the marine insurance brokerage named Jack Martin in Annapolis. Call them. They know about all of the products available.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn Ellis View Post
    Hello to all! I am seeking port liability insurance for my 1965 Hatteras. Because of her age, it seems no one wants to offer insurance although this boat is in very nice condition. It stays in its slip all year since I cannot move it by myself. Therefore, as nice as she is, alas, she has become a Dock Queen! Any help is appreciated.

Thank You!
    I too had a tough time getting insurance on my 55 year old, 50 foot when I purchased her last year.
    American Modern Insurance is who was willing to insure me with both loss coverage, towing, million dollar liability & pollution. Less then $1400/year for the policy. I've heard good & bad about American Modern, however, When no one else would insure, they came through with a policy. They did require an out of water survey and owners' boating experience resume before writing the policy.
    Good Luck,
    Rob.
    "Lady Beatrice"
    Rob Pettigrew
    1965 50' Flushdeck Hull#9
    Houma, La.

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1599353347

I have my '65 41DC insured with State Farm. Full coverage with an agreed value.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    we use the marine insurance brokerage named Jack Martin in Annapolis. Call them. They know about all of the products available.
    Used them years ago and they were good.

Last year not so. Tried for weeks to give them my money, was never able to get them to pick up the phone, answer after a voice mail, answer an email or inquiry on their forum. Business must be too good. They are off my list.

Did well with Windsor Mount Joy via Crothers Insurance agency/Stephanie del Grippo. Tell her I sent you.

http://crotherslittles.com/
    Last edited by oscarvan; 02-23-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

renee novak at jack martin answers my email the same day for last 15 years. I had some service issues, when they promoted my account to new people. Had to put a stop to it.
    Others have had challenges, but they absolutely know the business.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Thanks to all of you! So excited to get some possible coverage. Will report back in with the results!