Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Series I 60C/EB Red Gear/Prop setup

What gear ratio and propellers are being used on Series I 60C or EBs with 12v71TI?Mine was originally fitted with TD 3:1 and 32x32 four blade wheels.I have seen other posters on older threads here with this boat having 2:1 gears, and the same props.I have re-powered with the same engines, but with ZF gears at 2:1 reduction, (the boat was stripped to rusted engine blocks when I bought her).I'm trying to find a good place to start with propellers, preference given to efficiency and range over top end or "hole shot."Thanks very much in advance for any input.
    Joshua1985 60C #379SCYLLAGalveston, Tx

Re: Series I 60C/EB Red Gear/Prop setup

You might ask General Propeller in Bradenton, FL, about this. They have a huge database and it includes these older boats.

You might try PM to Lucky Dave on this site, he has a 60 With 1271’s and knows his boat very well
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I have same engines @650hp, 2:1 Twin discs and props are 4 blade 32x29
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

I have 2:1 gears turning modern 33"x29" ZF kca SQEW series wheels with 89% blade area.
    But....I own one of (2) foolishly hot rodded open bridge 60C's Hatteras built with 1000 hp 12v71ti's.
    She tops out at 27 knots light ship, closer to 25 heavy.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

*Thank you Jim. Sounds like a valuable resource, I'll reach out to them.*Dave, thank you as well. I have read many of your posts and I'm not the only one who values your input on this site. *Definitely the extreme end of the spectrum. Fantastic machine*Thank you Kingsley. Yours are the numbers I sought for comparison.*I plan to swim down next week and confirm the max diameter I can swing and start there.
    Joshua1985 60C #379SCYLLAGalveston, Tx