Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You tube Hatteras

There is a you-tube channel called Sailing Doodles. The guy on it just trashed his sailboat and bought a 52 Hatteras MY with an 8 foot cockpit extension. So he now is going to cruise the Carribian on the Hatteras. He usually has a couple of pretty good looking girls along with him, not that any of you would care about that. What could be better girls and Hatteras.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: You tube Hatteras

I've been following Sailing Doodles for a while, Bobby is from here in Dallas. He's had truly crap luck with boats--his first one was sunk by a hurricane, the CT56 was lousy luck but there was an element of "doh" on having his anchor line getting wrapped on his prop/shaft for an extended period of time without his noticing.

That being said, he is apparently a really good guy and he does know boats. I'm looking forward to this next adventure. His crew is also generally quite attractive.

3. Re: You tube Hatteras

Of all of the sailing You Tube series, its one of the best.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Thumbs up Re: You tube Hatteras

That's awesome!

That boat is/was in the same marina as ours and I know the previous owners. Will be cool to follow them along through these videos.

JCG

Last edited by krazy8; 02-23-2021 at 02:41 PM.

I've been following him from the beginning--Bobby has a good channel (as well as a airplane flying channel).
    He's renamed his 52CMY "MV Darkside"--gotta say he's got my eye for both Hatteras and mates.

I'm guessing he'll soon be a member of this illustrious group soon! (....so let me be the first here to say "Welcome ABOARD Bobby and hello to all your first and second mates"!
    Cheers,
    Eric
    BREAKAWAY 1990 Hatteras 52CMY

Good video. Yeah I heard enough aviator slang slip through there.......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I sent him a message a few days ago suggesting he join the forum, we will see if he does.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I sent him a message a few days ago suggesting he join the forum, we will see if he does.
    In his jump from monohull sail, I'm guessing Bobby will soon fully appreciate the of number of additional motoryacht systems & system complexity of a 25 year old Hatteras. Hopefully he finds our forum for answers, commiseration, and humor. Its going to be initially tough to have time for generating Vlog content and partying while learning.
    Cheers,
    Eric
    BREAKAWAY 1990 Hatteras 52CMY

Saw that boat yesterday at a marina in the east of Puerto Rico, so at least he's navigated the about 55 miles from Ponce on the South, to Humacao on the East.

Hopefully he'll upload a vid to update viewers on how his "new" motor boat life is going.

JCG