Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Bay Springs Marina Collapse

Correct. Pitch is the solution, but it comes with it's own set of problems like material cost and wind loading.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    No offense, but it amazes me how many dock engineers comment on such things as marina construction in the south.

I definitely hate to see that happen as that's always a favorite stopping point. As I'm sure was the case with anyone and everyone associated with that marina, they never expected to see those slips come down like that.
    No offense, but "snow load" is not rocket surgery. Every builder up here deals with it. They choose not to take it into account because they are not required to. Just like the folks in TX don't have to take a serious freeze into account.

You plan for "it probably won't happen" you may end up being surprised.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    No offense, but "snow load" is not rocket surgery. Every builder up here deals with it. They choose not to take it into account because they are not required to. Just like the folks in TX don't have to take a serious freeze into account.

You plan for "it probably won't happen" you may end up being surprised.
    What part of ice did you miss, "up there"?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

In Florida and Louisiana, drivers get a fresh license with every tax refund. No testing ever needed; well sure seems that way...
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults